Community post

Discussion

Want blood test to confirm!

So I took a HPT last night because yesterday randomly I got a wave of nausea and dizziness. It was a very faint positive. So, then I took another last night and one this morning and still faint positive. Although I think this morning's looked a tad bit darker. Anyway, I called my midwife to see if they would do a blood test and she told me just to wait until I'm 10 weeks. With my daughter we did fertility so I went right in and everything was so monitored. But now that some how I have managed to conceive on my own, I guess I just have to wait and hope and pray that everything just continues along. I'm just ranting a bit. I just want a confirmation! I want to tell my husband too but I don't want to until I am positive. Anyway, anyone else a little frustrated that its like this huge thing to pee on a stick and get a positive and then just sit and wait. haha.

2 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi,
Are you in the UK? I think America does blood tests as standard from what I've read. When I was pregnant with my ds I went to the doctor and was told congratulations and that I would get an appointment with the midwife. What a let down, I expected to have to do a test at the doctors at the very least. My dh wouldn't tell anyone until a doctor confirmed it and he felt cheated somehow. So yes I know exactly how you feel. Congratulations and wish you and the baby all the best

7 years ago

Wow that's crazy you have to wait 10 weeks ... I would ask for a blood test or find a way so you can know for sure

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo