Community post

Discussion

What do you think chances are?

I know only a pregnancy test will tell for sure, but like everyone else the two week wait is driving me insane!

I am about 9 DPO. I have headaches, mild to moderate nausea that comes in waves, back pain, mild period like cramps, and I'm about twice as tired as I am usually. I think my nipples *might* be sensitive and sore but it's hard to tell.

I checked my cervix, and it is high (took my entire finger to find it), pretty closed, and firm. I know it's usually soft with pregnancy, but shouldn't it be lowering and opening soon since I am 6 days from my period? Sadly I do not check my cervix routinely so I cannot compare. I will definitely start doing that if I get a negative.

Sometimes when my symptoms are mild I think, "It's all in my head." But when they get stronger I think, "I'm sure I have something going on." If I get a negative I will have to have the doctor do a physical or something, since I should not be feeling this under the weather if it isn't pregnancy.

Did anyone have similar symptoms only to be faced with a negative test or a period arriving?

10 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

Hey!
Sounds promising! Why don't you take a HPT now? Some people can get there results now. Although being very faint. Or wait a couple of days and take one then. Good luck to you!!

Forever hopeful Good luck to everyone

7 years ago

Hey sweetie it's best to wait it out.. Nothing is worse than doing a HPT and its negative because it's early to detect. I know the wait is brutal but hang in there .. Soon you will know

7 years ago

I went to the doctor today to get something for the nausea (I just can't work with it) and they took a test there. Negative! I think the doctor could tell I was disappointed because she said it's early yet and it's possible there isn't enough hormone to detect.

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi. We're in the same boat! I'm 9DPO and feeling very optimistic about symptoms that may or may not mean anything. I had a negative HPT this morning, but 9DPO may be too early. *Fingers crossed for us both! Hang in there, you'll know soon :)

7 years ago

Hi,
Check out 'early pregnancy factor', you can get symptoms anytime after ovulation if an egg has been fertilized but won't get a bfp unless implantation is successful. Remember implantation can happen between 5 and 12dpo and it can take up to five days after implantation for hcg to rise enough to get a bfp so you are still in with a chance.
Hope your wee bean sticks and you get your over the next few days.

7 years ago

I've heard about the metallic taste women often get in their mouths with pregnancy, but what about just a bad taste? It might be metallic, but I would describe it more as just being bad. I tried gargling but it came back pretty fast. My mouth also feels sort of tingly. I would also say the taste sort of sits at the back of my mouth, kind of at my throat.

I'll have to see how long it lasts. If you had it, how long did it go on for? Did it come and go?

The only time I ever experienced that it lasted a couple of days, and I'm pretty sure it was just in my head because I was looking for early PG symptoms.

7 years ago

I have heard that sign is a symptom but I find the more I hear the more I'm adapting too ...
I did blood work to check cause my progesterone was super high from a previous blood test to get a bfn and I was 11 DPO .. But now I'm officially at 28 days and I'm waiting this sucker out ... The two week wait was brutal but now it's even worse and I won't do a test till I'm already 7 days late ... My boobs hurt and I have cramping / stretching type feeling but I don't know what to think or feel

I'm leaving it to God and hoping for a little dream-sickle to appear

7 years ago

Hey, guys. Another question!

I was expecting my period on the 3rd. On the 2nd very late at night, I was having cramps and had some normal early spotting, so I figured that's what it was. Only I didn't bleed any more after that. Completely free of blood on the 3rd day. That night though I bled a tiny bit more. There's some on the toilet paper when I wipe, but nearly nothing at all on the panty liner.

Today is the 4th, and I tried moving my finger around my cervix. I got a little bit of blood on my finger that way, but nothing comes out onto the panty liner.

Tomorrow is the 5th, and I guess we'll see if I actually bleed or not. Also, I took a test on the 3rd. Negative.

Could it be implantation bleeding? I don't remember reading it could happen that late though. I've also been having normal period cramps, just very little blood.

From what I've read implantation bleeding likely occurs earlier in the cycle, but bodies are crazy! HPT today show good news?

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo