Community post

Discussion

False positive on first response test???

Hey guys- has anyone received a false positive on a first response test?? Basically I took a test on Thursday and got a clear but faint positive - that night I retested and got a negative. The next am with fmu I got a faint positive again and became really excited! Took another this morning and it's negative. I'm so confused. Any insight would be great!!! Thank you so much! Period is 3 days late but my cycle varys from regular to irregular depending on the months.

8 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

Hello. I heard false negatives are rare. Did you retest? How did it go so far?

7 years ago

Hey! Yeah it's so weird- I tested 3x- got a light positive followed by a negative and then 2 faint positives and now every test I take is negative. I'm so confused. Period is a week late, and no sign of it starting!! I've never had this happen before- every time I've ever had a positive, I've been pregnant. ????

7 years ago • Post starter

It sounds promising ... I would go in for blood work to test it out ... They test HCG levels that blood never lies

All the best and keep us updated ????

7 years ago

Yeah that's a great point! I called my midwife (she's become a good friend) and she told me to retest in a week and go from there - you think I should just go ahead and get blood work done even though all my tests for the past few days have been -? It's so disheartening when you see those two lines for it to turn up to be negative! I'm so frustrated! Lol and thank you so much!!!!

I know sweetie I'm sorry but hang in there... Yes of your a week late than you could be 5 weeks and the HCG will get picked up... If you walk into a clinic some can tell you same day or next day ... Saves you a week of worry

7 years ago

Thank you! :-) yeah I may do that! Fingers crossed!

Praying for you ... Xo

7 years ago

That means so so much- thank you for that ????

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo