Community post

Discussion

2 miscarriages in a row, now pregnant again

So the first time we were TTC we got pregnant after 5 months. I tested with internet cheapies starting on DPO 8 and never got a BFP until DPO 14 (day period due). I had all the 'normal' early pregnancy symptoms until around 7 weeks when suddenly everything went away. I went for an ultrasound and the heartbeat was strong, 170, but the baby was measuring 1 week smaller than it should have been for my dates. I have a completely regular cycle every month with ovulation on the same day per month with confirmation on OPKs so I know it was the baby not my dating.... 1 week later I had a very small amount of brownish bleeding and an ultrasound confirmed our baby no longer had a heartbeat. I ended up having a D&C as I did not do more than spot some. Although I was sad, I had a feeling this pregnancy was not going to stick from early on and I thought 'everyone gets one'.

I had to wait about 5 weeks for my next period after the first D&C. We then began trying again and I got pregnant on my second cycle. Again I used internet cheapies starting at DPO 8 and got a BFP on DPO 14 (day of period due). Once again I had all of the 'classic' early pregnancy symptoms with nausea, abdominal pain, peeing a lot, large boobs, etc. This time I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and everything was perfect. HR in the 170s and measuring perfectly to the day for the dates. I held my breath and just wanted to make it to 12 weeks so that I could tell more people. I had told family and close friends with the first pregnancy and didn't want to discuss this one much. At 11 weeks I again had a tiny amount of dark brown/red spotting when I wiped and an ultrasound confirmed no heartbeat and measuring just over 10 weeks. Once again I had a D&C and the genetic results revealed chromosomal abnormality of Turner's syndrome (missing an X chromosome, genetically XO).

So I know that it's probably just 'bad luck' as it was a chromosomal issue (at least the second time, we didn't check the first time) but it just feels so unfair. From everything I had read the chances of a second miscarriage especially with an absolutely normal ultrasound at 8 weeks was so so so low. Once again it took about 5 weeks to get my period back and we began trying again.

I'm now pregnant again after our second month TTC. This time my BFP came at DPO 9 with an internet cheapie, although faint, and a much stronger line on DPO 10 with FRER. I checked again with an internet cheapie on DPO 14 and the line was definitely much darker so good progression.

I guess I just don't know how to feel. I'm feeling numb. I feel like I can't get excited because of what happened before and I don't even know what will make me feel better since everything said last time I was sort of 'out of the woods' statistically speaking so I guess I doubt I'll feel good until we hit the second trimester... or even possibly until I have the little one in hand. I'm also not having a ton of symptoms yet, I've known I've been pregnant now for a week so that makes me a little bit nervous but also this time I found out so early that really I'm not that far along. I guess I don't know exactly what I was looking for in posting here except that I have so much bottled up inside and I wanted to get my story and thoughts out there on paper so that if anyone else is, or has been going through what I'm going through we could connect.

So here I am, 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Here's hoping.

2 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Just take it one moment at a time, one day time. That is what I did during my fourth pregnancy with my son after 3 miscarriages. I understand how hard it is because you don't want to get your hopes up just to be let down. *hugs*

7 years ago

Hi. I am now 6 weeks 2 days pregnant on my fourth pregnancy. I have had three miscarriages thus far. Like you, I am trying to balance all the emotions that come with this uncertain time. I lost my third to Turners where a leg of one of the X's was missing. I started seeing an RE and did genetic testing. It made me feel a little better. I joined Countdownmypregnancy and am reading as much as I can on that website. You should join if you haven't already. I don't know when I will feel "safe" about this pregnancy. I have few symptoms which freaks me out but is normal. Feel free to message me if you need to chat or vent!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you this is your take home baby!

MMC 12/2000 D&C Molar pregnancy 12/2001 MMC 1/2015 D&C mosaic turners 3/16 Laparascopic cystectomy, Unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy 4/16 Femara no response 5/16, 6/16 Femara + gonal f + novarel or some combo =BFN 7/16 Gonal f only and trigger. IUI #1 8w no heart beat D&C triploidy

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo