Community post

Discussion

In need of advise. BFP x 2 then BFN, then faint BFP

I need advice from someone who has gone through this.

DH and I have been TTC since stopping birth control in December but my cycles have been very sporadic and irregular. We decided to take a break for the past few months because I am emotionally drained, but we weren't preventing pregnancy. Basically, I just stopped tracking my ovulation, etc.

Took a pregnancy test on Friday because we were going to go out with friends and I wanted to have a drink. My cycles are all over the place so unsure of what DPO I would have been. It was negative, so I had 3 beers throughout the night.

Saturday morning I had the worst hangover of my life. I threw up all morning and felt awful. Didn't think much of it, but it was very strange.

Monday I decided I should probably test again, and I got 2 faint but present BFPs. One in the am and one in the pm. II was so excited! I tested again the next day sure I would see a darker line, and it was negative. Then last night I took one more and it was super faint, lighter than the previous day.

I know it's probably a chemical. I'm preparing myself for that. But I was just hoping maybe someone had a similar story that turned out positively or some words of encouragement because I am so down today.

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi,
If it was a chemical you wouldn't get a positive, negative and then positive again, it would stay negative. Maybe your urine yesterday was more dilute? If you were sick after drinking you would be super dehydrated that day and the next so could explain the stronger positive. Since your body would be hydrating again it could explain the negative and lighter positive.
I hope your line gets nice and dark over the next few days

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo