Community post

Discussion

How many had negatives at 10 dpo but tested positive later

Hello :) My husband and I are ttc number 3 and I've been blessed in that both of my other pregnancies, things happened fast. One and done type of deals. I had symptoms and got my hptP at 9 dpo. Solid lines...I mean, both had a positive ditigal at 9 dpo.This time however, I'm 9 dpo today and took 3 tests - I'm a poas addict, it is what it is - and they were all negative. I'm a bit gutted because last night I was feeling so crappy I took one the new curved handled first response early ones and it looked like a clear positive. Not a "let me move to a window, turn it to this angle and sqint" - a definite test line - faint - but there. I got so excited - crying - and started looking up ways to surprise my husband since our first two were so shocking I just kind of blurted it out as soon as I got the positive *lol* So this morning I was prepared for a much clearer and stronger line and to my utter disappointment, nothing. (on a side note - don't ever use the curved first response, they're terrible based on the hundreds of bad reviews out there. False positives galore) So my heartfelt question to you wonderful ladies, is: Have any of you had definite negatives at 9 or 10 dpo only to get a positive on 11,12,13 or so on? Thank you so much for your response and time <3 Baby dust to everyone!

9 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

Hi,
So many women on here don't get a bfp until 14dpo and beyond. Not surprising when you can implant as late as 12dpo and it can take another 5 days for hcg level to get high enough for a positive result. Every embryo reacts different in our bodies so you are definitely not out until the shows her ugly head.
I hope you get a bfp over the next few days that you don't have to doubt

7 years ago

Thank you so much Kerzie <3 I'll just try to keep from spending a fortune on tests *lol*

7 years ago • Post starter

I am about 10/11DPO myself and tested negative yesterday night and mid afternoon today like ugh! I knew it would be too early but,did it anyways! I'm really gonna try and hold off until I miss my period (hopefully ).

7 years ago

15 dpo today, BFN but 2 days late on projected period. *lol* can't win for tryin. Still praying for a BFP <3

Absolutely! I had BFN 9,10 and 11DPO then a positive 12 DPO! It might just be too early! Don't give up hope until shows!

User Image

7 years ago

I never got AF so I tested at 17 dpo and sure enough, BFP!

Congratulations redhead and overthinker!!!! Wishing you both a great pregnancy.

7 years ago

Yes!!!!!!
Me!! Just now!! My first test was done at 13dpo. Beginning of the month. It was a . Completely negative!!!! Not even an evap line! But then, .... so, I did another test when I was 3 days late, and bam! Our !!!! Then I took 5 more and got a 5 more times. Lol. (One test a day! Or every other day )
it just depends on each persons cycle. Everyone is different. You could of ovulated later this cycle, meaning youre not actually late, or you are pregnant, but, its not showing up yet bc you ovulated late. lots and lots of baby dust coming your way! Keep us updated!!! And I got my FX TIGHT FOR YOU!!

7 years ago

Oh my gosh! I'm dealing with the same thing. I had a faint but definitive positive on the frer followed by a negative and then another faint but definitive positive!!! I was convinced I was pregnant- did a big reveal with my husband and daughter and now every test I take is negative. I actually just got off the phone with customer support and they're sending me a refund for one of the packs of tests- I've bought like 5. ???? I'm still keeping my fingers crossed I'll get a BFP this month but I don't know. My cycles are so irregular it's hard for me to pinpoint ovulation. Good luck!!!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo