Community post

Discussion

Lighter BFP and panicking.....

Oooooook. So I have currently 9 days past a 5 Day transfer and my beta test isn't until Friday (today is Tuesday). DH and I started testing Sunday (7dp5dt). BFP!!! Big time! So of course I started testing like crazy because it was fun! All of those BFN tests and finally this! Well it backfired this morning with FMU. My frer was a hair lighter than yesterday morning's and I'm officially freaking out and need to be talked off the ledge. It was a different box, but my tests were getting nothing but darker and the line was just about the same color as the control line yesterday. I just need confirmation that this happens and doesn't always end in heartbreak. I'm fairly certain that a pregnant woman shouldn't be stressing herself out this much :-( especially at just 4 weeks!

8 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

A line is a line. It doesn't show you how pregnant you are! Congrats btw...

I drove myself crazy with hpt's when I was pregnant with my daughter... Some lines were fainter then others. As long as it's there you are fine. Stop driving yourself crazy :) wait for your bloods and happy and healthy 9 months to you.

7 years ago

Thank you so much for your response. I never EVER thought I'd be this girl. I used to get mad at this girl for posting stuff like this when I was never even close to a line and now here I am. Thought I would just be happy and tranquil once I found out I was pregnant but evidently not the case. Probably bc we had to invest so much money to get here. Anyways, thanks again for your reply!!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi,
Congratulations The dye can lighten for many different reasons, the test lines might just be lighter on that test, your urine might be more dilute even if it is fmu. It can help to use a digital as it tells you yes and puts your mind at ease, clear blue with weeks estimator is great as not only is it the most sensitive digital but you can watch it change from 1-2 weeks to 3-4 weeks which is the best feeling ever.
When you have been ttc for a long time it's natural to worry, the hormones don't help matters. Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months

7 years ago

Thanks so much!! I'm officially 4 weeks and 1 day today but I think I'll wait a few more days for the digital. The first one (ok, TWO) I took said 1-2 weeks. Very excited to see it change!!

Also have an achy uterus. Reading that is just the ligaments and uterus itself stretching, but I really dislike it. It's not there so much first thing in the morning but tends to start around noon or so when I sit down. I'm drinking a ton of water and staying plenty hydrated.....just nervous. About everything evidently.

Just wanted to post an update on this post for anyone who happens to find it later on and maybe finds themselves in the same situation..... I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with twins! The lighter line literally meant nothing :-) They are also both measuring right on target <3

That is fantastic news abbie Glad all three of you are doing good Please pop in every now and again and let us know how you are getting on, love success stories

7 years ago

Thank you!!!! I will :-)

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo