Community post

Discussion

May 2017 Babies

View Full Post

Hey Everyone! Last month was my first month TTC, after one month of NTNP, both of which ended with AF. So now, on TTC Cycle 2, I have an EDD of May 2, 2017, so I thought I'd start a May 2017 forum.

My FW is next weekend, which will be a bit strange because I will be visiting my parents for my birthday. I'm sure DH and I will make it work though.

Who else is hoping April Showers bring May....babies?

User Image

103 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 103 Replies | Last Page

Hi Everyone! I'm 2dpo. Cycle no 2. Tried a lot this month - opk, pressed, bd 3 days in a row. I'm 37 and dh 43. My first, his third. I never realised just how stressful this all was. But I am so grateful for sites like this.

7 years ago

Welcome maxthecat!

I haven't read the whole thread in a while so I am sorry if I am repeating questions... But are many of you using OPKs? Im curious how you are using them... I used one this month and based our BD off of that. When I got the + we BD the night of and the following day. Wasn't lucky enough to BD the day before. Just looking for others experiences :)

7 years ago

Thanks Aschente!
I used the clear blue digital opk. That show low, high and peak fertility. Last month, I got the peak fertility symbol one day after high fertility reading so I think we missed it. So this month, I tested in the morning (I'm also tracking my cycle on period tracker) and got low fertility. But I tested again at night and got high fertility, so we went full from then. I didn't bother testing for peak, because of what happened last month.
I like the opk because with a 13 and 16 year old to chauffer around (lol!), It focuses the time to bd.
I read heaps of positive reviews of pressed so figured it may help keep the little swimmers alive for longer.

7 years ago

Aschente, This cycle I used the ClearBlue Ovulation Monitor, and man am I glad I did!

The past two cycles I have ovulated on CD 14-15 (or so I thought) based on internet cheapies OPK strips.

Well this cycle, my friend who got her BFP last month gave me all the extra strips and the ClearBlue Monitor to try.

My DH and I were following the SMEP and BD CD 10 and planned on CD 12, 14 15 and 16. However, when I took the CB O test on CD 12 I had the smiley face! Meaning that I'd O in 12-24 hours. So we BD that night, and the following 2 nights.

I ovulated 2-3 days earlier than expected and only caught it due to using the monitor. I also confirmed it with a temp spike on CD 13.

And then yesterday, at 12DPO I got my ! So I definitely suggest trying OPKs if you get the chance. They completely helped us time it right this cycle!

everyone!

User Image

7 years ago • Post starter

Overthinker: congratulations!

And thank you both for the advice! Hoping it works for us quickly ;) I am using the digital type as well.

7 years ago

Hey all hope you don't mind if I join!

DH and I have been TTC for over a year now. I have tired a few things but this month I have added red raspberry leaf and baby aspirin. Hopefully it works ! IM CD9 I have a doctors appointment for my annual on the 31st hoping I get my BFP before than but if not at least I can talk to him about what going on with me and go from there.

Good luck everyone

Congrats on your BFP Overthinker!

Praying for baby number 3!

7 years ago

to OverThinker!

4PO here.

Had minor cramping all day today, little side boobage pain, and a loose stool past two days. Otherwise, nothing. I know it's still super early.

Thankfully I now have a way to distract myself from the TWW. DH and I both decided that since we've been going so hard for almost 9 months with TTC, bad test results, etc. that we wanted to get away.

So we're heading out on a New England/Canadian cruise next month.

We avoided the Caribbean mostly because my husband didn't want to go again this soon (we cruised there back in December), and we're both trying to avoid that area due to zika.

Still feel like it'll be a few months before we get pregnant, so I am looking forward to some time away from everything. It's much easier to travel now and it won't be that way once I'm pregnant and/or a baby is here.

Hope everyone enjoyed their week.

User Image

7 years ago

I got a !!! Thought I was out and the other day I started testing. The first test I saw the line but in the photo it didn't show and the next day it did show in the ohito!! I posted both!! It was positive the last 2 days too. I go Monday for the blood test!!! I am so excited!!!!

7 years ago

Congratulations armywife! What dpo are you? I'm at 6 right now and dying to test!

7 years ago

Congratulations, armywife! Very exciting news.

I'm 6DPO today.

I've felt a little off all afternoon and now into the evening.

Just a weird achey sort of feeling with a headache. I have no idea if I'm getting sick or what.

Either way, I'll just monitor this. Really could be anything.

I'm approaching the 10 lb. weight loss mark, so I'm happy about that.

6 days till I test (which will be somewhere around Saturday).

We'll see if I can make it to that point.

I printed out the pregnancy form that I'd have to have for the cruise in the off change that I am pregnant. I'd need a doctor to sign off saying that I'm healthy and fit to travel. Could be for nothing, but I'd rather be prepared either way.

Thankfully we aren't booked for the Caribbean, so I wouldn't need to worry there.

I'm rambling, lol.

User Image

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo