Community post

Discussion

First clomid cycle and ovulation kits?

Hi. Im new here so sorry if this is something ya'll see frequently. Im just confused. Taking clomid on cycle days 5-9. Tmrw will be day 9. I usualy ovulate on day 11. Dr said i should still ovukate on day 11 or 12. My lh surge is so short, i have to test multiple times a day to catch it!! Ive heard/read using ovulation kits while on clomid can give you a false positive? So how am i supposed to tell? I know the waiting game ( sigh) is probably my only option. I did use ov sticks today. Got an almost positive in the AM( its also when i take my pill) n two one liners after in evening n pm. guess im just looking for someone with clomid experience.

7 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Ur ovulation will be later than day 11 or 12, that's too close to the last dosage to ovulate. Generally, it's 5-10 days after ur last dose. Testing with opk's shouldn't start until 3 days after ur last dose becuz it can give false positives. Start ur opk's cd12 and use them at least twice a day. Start bd'ing every other day from cd9 or 10, til u get a positive, then bd everyday for 3 or more days. U will most likely feel ur ovulation, or the effects of it. It can get quite painful at times, Tylenol should help.

Good luck! =))

7 years ago

Took another ov test this morn after taking last of clomid and not almost pos like the one yesterday? So now im even more confused. Did i ovulate during my clomid cycle and miss it? Is this possible? Please chime in and tell me what you think.

7 years ago • Post starter

U didn't O while on it, I promise! Try not to stress about it. Clomid alters hormones and it takes a few days once u stop taking it, to get everything firing in the right order to be able to ovulate. Seriously, don't stress it. Start bd'ing today or tomorrow and leave the opk's alone for 3 days. Ur stressing urself out over false results and stress can delay, even stop, ovulation altogether. Try to relax....u didn't miss it. I'd bet everything I own on that!

7 years ago

Thank you for your reply! I usualy dont feel my ovulation, is it diferent ( more painful) bc of clomid?

Ok. Thank you again. Your so right about the stressing. Ill just try n relax about it. Its great to be apart of this group and finaly have someone to talk to about ttc.

It can get painful in the higher doses. 50mg isn't too bad, but u do feel some ovarian activity...esp if u don't usually feel anything. Pick up some pre-seed if u get a chance. It's a sperm friendly lube that will help with hostile cervical mucus. Clomid can dry things up down there, and sperm don't fair well in that type of environment.

7 years ago

Ah. Thank you for that. Ill see if i can find some pre-seed today.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo