Community post

Discussion

Trying Not To Get Hopes Up

So, I stopped my OPK and temp checking in June (stress and all that ya know?)

Well, did bunch of blood work in May/June and Ultrasound to make sure everything is good for pregnancy. Only unknown whether tubes still open from from Essure reversal surgery.

When I did chart temps, temps Pre-Ov is in 96 range and Post-Ov in the 97 range. The day of AF, temp would drop from 97 to 96.

Ov happens anyway from CD12 to CD19 for me and does not impact AF start. I average a 27 day cycle, but have been known to have a 28 or 29 day cycle.

Ov does not apparently influence AF. Ov on CD12? That month I'll have a 14 day luteal phase and a 27 day cycle. Ov on CD19? I'll have an 8 day luteal phase and a 27 day cycle.

AF is RELIGIOUS! As in, I look at my Period Tracker app, see when it predicts my next AF and AF will show up the day before guaranteed almost every month, unless it would put my cycle at less than 27 days and then it shows up 1 or 2 days later and the cycle restarts. I have had a couple 31 day cycles, but last time it happened was in Aug 2014.

Issue of day:
AF due July 20. Nothing.
July 21, no AF.
July 22, randomly checked cervix position that evening, spotting, thought AF coming. I use a period cup, so put it in. Emptied cup few hours later, but less than 1ml of blood. Didn't think much of it. Thought out for count for month.
July 23, empty cup when I got up, if it was .25ml, I'd be surprised. No more blood. Leave cup out. No more blood remainder of day. Random pains on right side only off and on all day at hip area. Brief, not extremely painful, but uncomfortable and noticeable.
Today, still no AF. Random temp check this morning. 97 range (Post-Ov range).

3 BFN since July 20. No clue when Ov happened. Trying not to get hopes up, but starting to freak out slightly. My cycle has never been wonky like this. AF should have ended July 23 (4 day usually) and hasn't even shown!

Not sure what to think here...

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Ladies! Help!

I'm at least 16dpo, still NO AF or BFP. High temps. Doctor says if no AF in couple more days and no BFP make appointment.

Am I going crazy or is this really a possibility?

7 years ago • Post starter

Mystic,

Breathe.

If you're too stressed, that could make you miss your period, or push the start date back.

Try and resolve some of your anxiety.

If you do not get your period, then head back to your doctor.

No one can say for sure from a message board whether you are or are not pregnant.

If you do test, make sure it's first pee of the day in the morning.

Some women get positives later than 2 weeks after. Just all dependa on your body.

I don't know what tests you're using, so try getting a FRER or any other test that's really sensitive.

Good Luck.

User Image

7 years ago

My husband and mom said stress too, but the stress didn't start until Saturday July 23 when AF should have been ending, which is when I realized the bleeding I'd thought was AF showing wasn't. I cried Friday night, thinking AF had showed it was another no luck month. I was fully prepared to give up and say screw it. I didn't start stressing until like Sunday.

I did try FRER twice and BFN on both. The other 3 were called Easy Home and they're generic tests.

I'm not really sure that this is stress related delay/late period. I've been 10x as stressed before between school and work and my grandmother passing and still had AF on time.

Being kinda OCD isn't helping here. My cycle has gone wonky since my reversal (though it still arrived on time, just was shorter and lighter) and I have a hard time coping with my routine going off road on something that is like clockwork.

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo