Community post

Discussion

DOR at 31...anyone else??

So...this month we are trying our first IVF cycle, and already not looking good (surprise, surprise). Im on a good dose of injections, 300 follistim, and 150 menopur. Yesterday was day 5 of sims and my E2 was only at 52. I still don't understand how every time my numbers are suppose to be high they are low, and every time my numbers are suppose to be low they are high. Its like my body knows what is suppose to happen and does the exact opposite. I want to get mad at the doctors, but I know its not their fault my body is fkd up. I want to get mad at someone, but there is only me. I just don't understand how or why this is happening to me, and the only option is to continue to go forward, move on to more torture and bad news. I understand that life is not fair, and everyone has struggles that they go through, and I guess God thought this would be mine. We have only told 2 people we are going though this, none of which is family. I just don't want to hear "have you tried this.... or, it will happen you just need to relax....or its just not your time..." the truth is, it may never be my time, because with my body, time is not on my side. Every month we have to cancel or wait till the next month to go with something else, my AMH only declines. I just want my life back, I want to wake up in the morning and think about something other than my infertility. I feel so bad for my husband, he wants a baby as much as I do, and there is just nothing we can do besides keep moving forward.

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi jjmommy. I realize that it's been a while since you posted this, but i'm only seeing this for the first time. I hope your IVF cycle turned out well and that's why I can't find an update. I am having a very similar experience. I have POI, and at 29 i'm responding to the stimulants very poorly. Infact, i think my first 2 rounds of IVF, i was on a very similar drug protocol. It's so hard to go through what we do, especially while keeping it a secret. So thats why I wanted to drop by and say I'm sorry you have to go through this, your NOT alone, I wish you all the best. xoxo

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

9 years ago

Hi, thanks for responding to my post! Wow, looking back and reading how i felt that day was pretty bad. To update, our Nov IVF cycle was cancelled due to poor response. Our Dr added Lupron, right after I ovulated to keep my body from early recruiting and so I could have a chance of developing more then one egg. It worked! In Dec they were able to retrieve 5 eggs, which i was VERY happy about. 2 eggs made it to day 5 to be CCS tested, and one came back normal! We were elated :) Our plan from they beginning was to try for two kids, so we decided to do another cycle in Feb, and this time I had produced 11 eggs! I didn't know my body could still do it! haha. 3 made it to day 5 to be CCS tested, and 2 came back normal :) We did a transfer of one embryo in March, and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant today! We still have two perfectly normal embryos on ice for the future, and we are beyond happy. I still can't believe everything we had to go through to get here, but i am sure happy we didn't give up. Infertility sucks and it knows no boundaries for who it effects. I thank God every day for giving us this healthy baby that is growing inside me everyday, and for modern science, or none of this would be possible. Where are you in your journey?? I wish you nothing but the best, and a BFP soon!!

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo