Community post

Discussion

TTC for 6 months and counting...looking for a buddy

Hey all

We have been trying for 6 months now to conceive - honestly, I never thought it would be difficult. I'm such a newbie in this TTC journey. I saw all my friends either accidentally get pregnant or try once and succeed. I just assumed that was the majority. I have been so encouraged by everyone's stories and am looking for someone to travel this road on with.

We did get pregnant in August, but my HCG never doubled and it turned into a chemical pregnancy. Still trying and hoping, but trying not to track and just enjoy this journey with my wonderful husband!

Let me know your story !!

11 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

Hi there,

I am in the same boat..My hubby and I have been trying for 5 months now. Most of my friends have babies and of course they got pregnant in their first few months of trying ;) Maybe I am not that lucky!! haha
But we are trying to be patient and do whatever we can to boost our fertility...it will happen one day for sure! We are trying to eat healthy, I've been using OPKs which are indeed very helpful...we also started using preseed last month which we both loved. No luck yet but hoping for the best. I do need to see if I can find some good multivitamins made up of whole foods (organic too). Anything to boost my chances of getting pregnant this cycle...All the very best to you..Do share your thoughts and let me know more about your journey so far.

Thanks and Good luck...!

9 years ago

Looks like we're all on similar journeys. DH and I have been trying since June 2014 and I too never expected it to be difficult for me. We started using preseed my last cycle and it didn't work "the first week" like all those reviews I read. I've been trying real hard not to start worrying and stressing over it but of course that's easier said than done. Not to give too much tmi but I'm on schedule to ovulate next week...PRAYING! :-)

9 years ago

Hi!!!

We are trying since august 2014.
I also never thought that it would be so difficult. I got pregnant with my first on the pill.
I'm also new to all this. Never thought I would be doing this.
Now I'm taking vitamins, fertility vitamin for both of us, OPKs, temperature, green tea and all those things!!

9 years ago

This has been so refreshing to hear :) thank you so much for replying !!

I'm glad I'm not alone thinking there just has to be something wrong with me... I guess we'll keep trying and when God wants it to happen, it will. And if that means not at all - then there has to be a reason and greater purpose for that. But I don't think that's the case -- I think I'm just learning patience haha :)

I'll be praying for you guys and hopefully we all get our BFP soon and we can post about pregnancy instead of TRYING to get pregnant!

Thanks guys!

9 years ago • Post starter

Ok guys - so I went for my annual appointment yesterday - and while checking my cervix the doctor mentioned it looked pregnant and bluish?? They took an hcg level so I'm waiting the results today -- and I'm not being patient haha.

Have you guys ever heard of this? Even though I don't want to know, could it mean anything besides pregnancy? or is this the most common reason for a blue cervix?

Thanks so much for helping me stay sane while I wait for the phone call..

Nevermind about the blue cervix -- doctor called and it's negative :( ---- moving on to next month!

I'm in the same situation! My husband and I have been TTC since May 2014. We weren't having very much luck until I got miscarried in September. It was horrible!! I still get pouty sometimes.

To top it off, the week after I MC'd my best friend called to tell me she's pregnant with her 4th. I am so truly happy for her but it's definitley difficult sometimes.

I have very abnormal cycles and tracking my ovulation is a nightmare. Ahh!
But I'm glad im not alone! I get so lonely worrying and wondering all the time

Best of luck to you ladies!!!

9 years ago

Hello
Me and my hubby have been trying since August 2013. No such luck. He has 2 kids from high school and im getting bummed out because i cant give my hubby kids. Ive got friends who have babies and my best friend is expecting her 2 child now. It makes me sad to think about it.

9 years ago

Hello ladies! I went off the pill at the end of April 2014 because my husband and I decided the time was right to have a baby but no such luck yet! My period doesn't seem to want to regulate (I have read that it can take up to a year after coming off the pill) which makes it so hard to figure out when I am ovulating.

I know what you mean, it can definitely feel discouraging at times! It seems like everyone around me is getting pregnant and I'm just sitting here feeling like my body is broken. I have stopped trying to conceive and am just letting whatever happens happen. I am trying to enjoy this time with my husband while it is just the two of us and secretly hoping that I will get pregnant while I am not symptom tracking. I've just been focusing on getting my cycles healthy and functioning the way they should be by using all natural methods (herbs and essential oils).

Hopefully my body will heal (I so regret going on BC and don't plan on doing so ever again) and will become a fertile wonderland, lol! ;)

Much love!

9 years ago

Hang in there bmaxcey87, it WILL happen! My husband and I have been trying for a short period of time but some of our closest friends are pregnant or pregnant with their 2nd baby and I agree that it can be discouraging to not be in the group....YET! I'm new to this all as well and that is why I joined an online forum. I find that it really helps to see other women/couples going through the same process and struggles.

I met my husband back in 2005 during high school and the further we got in our relationship, the more we realized that eventually, we wanted to get married and have a family together. Now, almost 10 years later (and a marriage of 2 months!) we are VERY ready. We've been ready for a long time now so it is hard to be patient.

We have made it a point to try to refrain from making each month a race to get pregnant so we are planning but not to the point that we aren't enjoying it. OPKs and temperature charting but nothing more. We plan to give it a year with just laid back, natural, stress-free baby dancing :-)

GOOD LUCK to you and yours and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Lots of prayers headed your way <3 Message me if you ever need to vent or need a "pick-me-up". I'm in the same boat, lots of women are so don't feel alone!

----Bri

User Image

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo