Community post

Discussion

Introduction & TWW (Currently 10 DPO)

View Full Post

Good afternoon everyone!! So glad I found this wonderful website - what a great resource!

My wife & I are TTC our first child, and are using donor sperm from a cryobank. We had our first IUI on 7/11/16 and are currently 10 DPO. I took a FRER yesterday and today and both were negative, but we're still hopeful. Here are some of my symptoms:

O: Had IUI at clinic. Everything went well. Only mild cramping during procedure.

1 DPO: Diarrhea 1st thing in the the AM and burpy all day. Nothing else out of the ordinary.

2 DPO: Boobs hurt towards my arm pits/back when I take deep breaths. Nothing bad. Pretty much went away by the end of the day.

3 DPO: Quick tinge of nausea when eating breakfast. Nothing else out of ordinary.

4 DPO: Slightly nauseous around 8AM at work in the morning. Ate breakfast before that. Not a completely unusual thing for me. Deep pain in boobs returned, sort of radiating throughout.

5 DPO: Boob pain never left. Almost a burning sensation. A bit crampy at 3PM when I laid down (on my stomach) for a nap. Some watery CM but nothing major.

6 DPO: Mild but noticeable cramps and also back pain. Had diarrhea after lunch. Boobs still sore throughout the day, off and on. Very tired after lunch, but I'm cutting back on caffine, so that could be why. Got a sore throat.

7 DPO: Woke up with diarrhea again. Mild lower abdominal cramping throughout the morning and sore boobs still off and on all day. Also when I press on my uterus area ever so slightly, it's a bit tender. Sore throat still here. Symptoms continued all day.

8 DPO: - HPT (cheapie) with FMU. Boobs sore in general and to the touch. Lower abdomen still tender to touch. Had a pretty significant cramp on my lower right side this evening during my bath.

9 DPO: BFN with FRER with FMU. Mild symptoms but boobs still sore and lower right cramp never went away.

10 DPO: BFN with FRER with FMU. Peed a LOT during the night (but I drink a lot). Bleeding gums when I brushed my teeth (which was weird). Dull cramp still on lower right side, never went away.

So what do you guys think? Hoping this is not all in my head & we're on our way to a !!

Happy Same-Sex Couple married Oct 2015 Currently TTC our first child

56 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 56 Replies | Last Page

Sorry that you didn't get your BFP either, Ajcormac! At least everything was typical & you can try again this cycle! Mine was the same. Started the day it was supposed to & was very ordinary, which I am thankful for! I'm currently CD 10, and usually get a positive OPK on CD 15, so will *hopefully* have my second IUI next Tuesday (8/9). We are very hopeful this cycle is the one!

7 years ago • Post starter

How's it going all?

I have had a breakthrough today, my first positive OPK since my miscarriage!

I feel very optimistic this cycle. I'll be waiting until 10dpo to test which will be 20th August I think... looking for cycle buddies :-)

Anyone else about to start the TWW? Xx

MothersofD good luck with your IUI x

Stepmum to 5 yr old, TTC after two consecutive miscarriages, hopefully 3rd time lucky!

7 years ago

Hey Ajcormac!

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, but the positive OPK is a great sign!! Hopefully this is your month!

I am on CD 16 and no positive yet, but I am "due" to get a positive today. I usually test at noon and 4, so fingers crossed that it comes! I have the tank of "stuff" sitting in my living room just waiting! Ha.

Good news! Finally had our positive OPK yesterday and IUI this morning. Fingers crossed this is the month!! All went great.

Hello, exciting times! How are you feeling? I had the slightest crampy-twinge on one side of my lower abdomen today and I've convinced myself its a positive sign! Apart from that nothing. 5DPO and counting.

Mothers - you're lucky to have a nice regular cycle, I'm sure it won't be long for you.

Do you just do one IUI? How does it all work? Sometimes I think it would be much simpler if sex wasn't so necessary. I really find baby making the traditional way the most unromantic thing I have ever done!! We are so tired at the moment it turns a lovely thing into a chore. My poor boyfriend, I'm like, "please can you make a donation tonight?" He says "ok dear, how would you like it?" and all I can think of is "the quickest way so I can get to sleep please"....Sad but true!!!

baby dust! xx

Stepmum to 5 yr old, TTC after two consecutive miscarriages, hopefully 3rd time lucky!

7 years ago

Good morning!! I'm 4 DPO today, so just one day behind you! So far no "symptoms," but I am trying not to symptom watch like I did last time, because I "found" them, and there was no baby to be had. . Hopefully that's a good sign for you!!!

We do one IUI per cycle. We go in the morning after a positive OPK. It's a simple, painless, and quick procedure. My OB said some women get pretty crampy, but I didn't experience that either time.

For us, we are using donor sperm, so we buy pre-washed units, they just have to thaw it to the correct temperature, and then they insert a VERY thin catheter through the cervix directly into the uterus and inject the semen. It takes all of 2 minutes. Just 20 minutes of laying flat afterward, then just continue with your day as normal!

With you guys, since you're a heterosexual couple using fresh "stuff," the semen would have to be "washed" before an IUI, because that's what the cervix normally does, and the IUI bypasses the cervix.

Best of luck you you!!!!!

How's it going? I'm 9dpo today and will test when I wake up this afternoon (I've been on nights). I know I shouldn't test but I can't resist, silly really!

I have all sorts of symptoms but had them last month, so I'm ignoring them.

I think I'll definitely keep on trying the traditional way... although there is some chance the boyfriend might be getting some meds that affect his fertility. A good friend of mine is having ivf soon, she was told that they don't do IUI for (straight) couples with low sperm counts anymore on the NHS. Not sure if it would apply to us or not. Hoping it won't come to that anyway...thinking positive.

So exciting, maybe this is our month xx

7 years ago

Good morning! I'm doing well. 8 DPO today. I think I'm going to hold off testing until 12 or so. Its easier when there aren't tons of pregnancy tests in the house like last time, haha, so I just haven't bought any more yet. I have one CB Digital, but I wouldn't use that one this early, anyways. But I don't think I'd have been able to resist using the cheapies/FRER if I had them. I can put off buying them but if they're here, there's no hope!!!

There are some things I've been experiencing that could be symptoms (nausea since 6DPO evening after meals, cramping/sore uterus area, sore boobs), but then again I had some of that last time too, so could be just normal body processes. I'm trying to ignore them too! Last month I had a journal and wrote my daily symptoms. Didn't this time.

There are at-home sperm quality tests you can get for him to try if you're worried about that!

Well I'm 9/10dpo and bfn this morning. I'm hoping that the cheapy tests I've bought are not as sensitive as they claim (10mIU). I don't feel pregnant but I am SO hopeful this month! Probably shouldn't be testing at all, but last time I got a positive at 10dpo so I just couldn't resist.

Are you still being strong and not testing yet? x

7 years ago

Sorry about your BFN but you're still pretty early so you've still got a good chance!! I am hopeful for you!!

10 DPO this morning, haven't tested yet! Going to test tomorrow. Ordered some on Amazon that should get here tomorrow so I'll test then!!

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo