Community post

Discussion

Introduction & TWW (Currently 10 DPO)

Good afternoon everyone!! So glad I found this wonderful website - what a great resource!

My wife & I are TTC our first child, and are using donor sperm from a cryobank. We had our first IUI on 7/11/16 and are currently 10 DPO. I took a FRER yesterday and today and both were negative, but we're still hopeful. Here are some of my symptoms:

O: Had IUI at clinic. Everything went well. Only mild cramping during procedure.

1 DPO: Diarrhea 1st thing in the the AM and burpy all day. Nothing else out of the ordinary.

2 DPO: Boobs hurt towards my arm pits/back when I take deep breaths. Nothing bad. Pretty much went away by the end of the day.

3 DPO: Quick tinge of nausea when eating breakfast. Nothing else out of ordinary.

4 DPO: Slightly nauseous around 8AM at work in the morning. Ate breakfast before that. Not a completely unusual thing for me. Deep pain in boobs returned, sort of radiating throughout.

5 DPO: Boob pain never left. Almost a burning sensation. A bit crampy at 3PM when I laid down (on my stomach) for a nap. Some watery CM but nothing major.

6 DPO: Mild but noticeable cramps and also back pain. Had diarrhea after lunch. Boobs still sore throughout the day, off and on. Very tired after lunch, but I'm cutting back on caffine, so that could be why. Got a sore throat.

7 DPO: Woke up with diarrhea again. Mild lower abdominal cramping throughout the morning and sore boobs still off and on all day. Also when I press on my uterus area ever so slightly, it's a bit tender. Sore throat still here. Symptoms continued all day.

8 DPO: - HPT (cheapie) with FMU. Boobs sore in general and to the touch. Lower abdomen still tender to touch. Had a pretty significant cramp on my lower right side this evening during my bath.

9 DPO: BFN with FRER with FMU. Mild symptoms but boobs still sore and lower right cramp never went away.

10 DPO: BFN with FRER with FMU. Peed a LOT during the night (but I drink a lot). Bleeding gums when I brushed my teeth (which was weird). Dull cramp still on lower right side, never went away.

So what do you guys think? Hoping this is not all in my head & we're on our way to a !!

Happy Same-Sex Couple married Oct 2015 Currently TTC our first child

56 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 56 Replies | Last Page

Hi twomoms!

I agree this website is great, is this your first cycle of trying?

I think I ovulated around the same time as you but not really sure. I have pcos and OPKs have only given me a positive once. My only hint was sore nipples around the 11th, so ive used that date.

I haven't had any symptoms that I can identify as pregnancy ones as yet. My first pregnancy I had very noticeably tender boobs about this time, but not the second. Also had a lot of cramping on my first but not second pregnancy, so maybe your cramps mean something good. I'm sorry but I don't know if any of your symptoms are significant, but it seems very possible.

Have either of you been pregnant before?

10 dpo is early to get a bfp so definitely don't give up. Early testing is just impossible to resist - I bought four 10ui tests today...I can guarantee I will do one tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed for you both, keep me posted xx

Stepmum to 5 yr old, TTC after two consecutive miscarriages, hopefully 3rd time lucky!

7 years ago

Your symptoms sound promising. I felt the same way this cycle, and ended up getting my faint BFP at 9dpo with late afternoon urine, (i'm currently 12dpo), but to be honest i never use FMU, because it wouldnt show the positive right away. I always use SMU or take my test later in the afternoon. try taking the test later on in the day, or waiting a few more days. FX and Good Luck hun,

7 years ago

Hi Ajcormac!! Thanks for replying!

This is our first time trying, and neither of us have been pregnant before. First baby for the both of us! I had a + OPK on July 10 so am pretty sure that I ovulated on July 11, the day I had my IUI.

I just can't help myself when it comes to testing. So eager!! I'm sure I'll do another in the morning!

Best of luck to you, too!!!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hello samantha022293!! Thanks for replying!!!

I've always heard FMU was best to use. Is this not the case? Would definitely be open to trying at a different time!

They say it is and some say it isnt. FMU never worked for me. with all three of my pregnancies i had to use either SMU or test later in the day. some say its better because SMU is a fresh batch of urine. were FMU sits all night until you test, but it is different for everyone. Good luck sweetie. but remember your not out until your AF shows. but i do think your symptoms sound promising

7 years ago

Hi Samantha, the smu thing was also news to me!! I did a little bit of reading last night about fmu/smu and the results on this website are really surprising!

I still decided to test first thing this morning with fmu (couldn't wait) but at 10dpo it's too soon. The BFP has disappointed me, when will we learn! The wait is more agonising the closer it gets!!

Baby dust everyone!! xx

Stepmum to 5 yr old, TTC after two consecutive miscarriages, hopefully 3rd time lucky!

7 years ago

11 DPO this morning. Took another FRER, still unfortunately :( Had to use FMU again because I was in a rush this morning. My wife is optimistic that we'll get a BFP tomorrow. She was right about when I'd get a +OPK. We'll see! .

Feel pretty normal this morning except for my sore boobs (which could be either because of pregnancy or AF coming at this point) & that nagging little pinch on my bottom right side of the abdomen.

chin up hun, its still early yet. alot of women dont get BFP right away. i personally think you may be pregnant. let me know how it goes. yeah the whole FMU/SMU surprised me too, i used to think you had to use FMU, but SMU always worked better for me. good luck sweetie

7 years ago

Thank you!!

12 DPO today, another BFN with FRER and cheapie. Planning on doing another later in the day.

I REALLY hope it did stick and I'm just going to get q BFP late, but I just have to remember that the worst that can happen is I have to try again in a couple of weeks! I'm very healthy and thankful for that, so that's the most important thing!!

Have you done another test yet? I have resisted today, this evening I have started to get some hypersalivation, which I got as an early sign for both of my pregnancies. Although it doesn't seem quite the same this time...I feel like I could be imagining it!!

I will test tomorrow...I'm going on holiday so I might be offline for a while. Fingers crossed for both of us! xx

7 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo