Community post

Discussion

Given ONE chance

With my daughter, it took me 8 years to conceive. Now, 5.5 years later, my heart wants to have another child.
I have been having baby fever for about a year now.. and my husband usually only pulls out and says "If it happens, good, if it doesnt, good.
He is 8 years older than me.. and feels he is getting too old to keep up with another child.
But I am only 30 (almost 31 in a few days)
I feel robbed.
But, this month he came in my on cycle day 11. And he pulled out also around ovulation day. I have about 28-29 day cycles.
He said that if we are meant to have another baby... he is giving it a chance.. but if it doesn't happen, then he is hoping I will be content with the one child.
I know... such an Ahole.
;)
But for the first 13 years of our relationship, I had agreed that one kid was all I wanted. But I have changed. Things change, perception changes.
So... please wish me some luck!
Send me some baby dust!
I know that since he actually came on day 11... I wont be able to help but convince myself. I feel like I am reliving the 8 years of trying all in one month. :'(
But here I am.. a few days after (when I believe) ovulation. Noticing every pain, possible symptom possible.
I can't think of much of anything other than how badly I want to add to our family.

11 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

I wish you all the baby dust!!!
I understand the deep need for another child,sometimes the men in our lives just don't understand ,hopefully some day soon yours will. You do have a chance this cycle so hold onto that hope.
Good luck to you

7 years ago

Thank you! And of course, I am symptom spotting. I just cant help it.
Ive been having gassy slight cramps every since ovulation.
My CM stayed really wet, and now its milky white and wet. I am 5 or 6 dpo (If I am correct on when I even o'd)
Yesterday, all my food tasted like soap.
If I am pregnant, the soap thing is a new one.
With my first, I remember thinking I was starting my period for 2 weeks before I found out.And I had excessive CM. It's not excessive rightnow...
But I am hopeful.

And thanks for your comment!!! It helps when feeling very alone and almost like I am keeping it all in/ keeping quiet about everything on my mind.

7 years ago • Post starter

Good luck! Baby dust! I am only just starting to want a second, but it's ten times more powerful than the first round!

7 years ago

It really is. The first round, you can only imagine how wonderful the entire experience is.... but once you've lived it... and once your child loses all it's "baby" and THEN "toddler" You REALLY get baby fever. I never realized how much of a real thing baby fever was until recently.
Especially with my daughter going into Kindergarten. :O
It doesn't help that she wants a sibling just as bad as I wish to give her one. >.<

I can totally relate stichin and Mariah, the second time around I am not only driving myself crazy but everyone else as well. When did I become such a Looney! Lol
Ttc#1 happen in the 1st month 2012, and I am so glad I didn't have to go through then what I am now.
My (baby) is 4.5 now and 53lbs, I can barely pick him up I do long for the days of holding him without my back wanting to give out. My son keeps asking about a baby maybe because he hears me talk about it not sure. I would really love to give him a sibling.
Good luck to you both!!!!

7 years ago

Oh and Stichin - I believe you mention your birthday was comin around. Happy birthday w/ maybe baby!!!

7 years ago

Good luck to you too!! And thank you.
I failed to buy a test today. I know it's too early but its really hard to wait. Somehow I managed to though. lol

Update please, Stitchin! I'm rooting for you, haha! Another 4-5 days til I can test so I need to live off others' excitement vicariously! Haha

7 years ago

Well, I took a few tests... I have had some AWFUL evap lines. :'(
But really, they are all negative. I'm supposed to start anywhere between the 2nd and the 5th.
I do keep getting really sick to my stomach. Its not like me. I have a very strong stomach. I was never sick in my first pregnancy.
Today I started feeling like I was going to start my period.. only for moments. Which can be good or bad. >.<
If I don't start soon, I will go get a better quality test than the cheapies I had on hand.

Yes! Splurge on a FRER ;) I have hereby authorized this expenditure. ;)

7 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo