Community post

Discussion

4 weeks....and huge!

This is my first pregnancy. I'm 5'0 and 119 lbs. Haven't gained but ounces so far. I know I have a short torso (we're talking a half inch between my last rib and the top of my hip bone) but I did NOT expect to get this big, this fast. Has anyone else started showing a lot and quick with their first pregnancy? What was the outcome? Big baby or twins? Twins run in my family so it's a possibility. All of our family has guess twins thus far!
User Image

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I am 5'1 was 115. I started showing from the minute i conceived lol. I guess my stomach muscles just suck. But my outcome was a 9lb 13oz baby lol. I haven't gotten back to my pre pregnancy weight oh and my stomach muscles ripped...ouch!

9 years ago

It's very common, but it's not showing - it's bloating caused by the rising progesterone level (exactly the same as pre-af bloating, just exaggerated). Right now baby is the size of a poppy seed and the rest isn't much bigger, so it's got nothing to do with how distended your uterus is. But if you're hoping for twins, the good news is progesterone tends to be higher if you've ovulated more than one egg, which could make your symptoms like bloating stronger.

I'm not as bad today as I was yesterday, but yes I also feel rather, um, well-rounded at the moment (at 3w6d)! Just like pre-af bloating the best thing I have found is drinking a ton of water.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo