Community post

Discussion

OPK vs Ultrasounds. HELP! getting so confused!!!

Hey guys. I'm on my 4th cycle of climid 50mg this month. I have ovulated every month I have been on it. This month for my mid cycle scan, the dr said I was within 24 hrs of ovulating. he could see the follicle attached to the wall about to release the egg. we BD every other day since then. that was CD 13. I just NOW got a positive OPK ( cd 20). What's up with that?!?! My dr isn't 100% sold on OPK's. I have been taking my BBT's every morning for months and this is a WEIRD month for my BBT's. A day or 2 after my ultrasound, my BBT went up like it was supposed to but then the next day it majorly dropped. it's been doing this weird rise drop thing for the past few days! I've had quite a bit of CM since i "ovulated" last week. Usually immediately following ovulation, my breasts get very tender and this hasn't happened this time either.

For a little of my background: I have mild PCOS and have every other test done to rule out anything else. I am very healthy. My cycles are usually 32-34 days with clomid.

Any ideas of what could be going on?

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

You may have tried to o but not quite gotten there - that's why a lot of RE's recommend using a trigger shot to ensure that o actually happens. Or it could have been a "weak" o with low progesterone levels, which could also explain temps that aren't high or aren't staying high (but I'd lean more toward o failing and your body retrying now, especially given your cm). I'm sorry this cycle is turning out to be frustrating! Are you getting a progesterone test to confirm o?

(Also for PCOS-related stuff I highly recommend soulcysters.net, the women over there are fabulous).

9 years ago

I actually just went today for my monthly progesterone. I'll find out results tomorrow

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo