Community post

Discussion

If you ovulate early, does your LP stay the same?

Yes so my LP is usually 10/11 days.
Im 12dpo atm but my cycle is 33day (it can be longer or shorter this is normal tho).
So if i had a 33 day cycle id be due on the 24th July. If I go on my LP days ill be due on 20th which was yesterday. So am i one day late, or 3 days early? Confused.

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I know what you're trying to say.

I have the same issue.

In my mind, yes, your LP should be longer than normal if you O'd earlier than normal.

I'd take an HPT if I were you at 12DPO as you would still most likely get an accurate result.

Have you tested yet?

S/N: I'm taking FertilAid now to start lengthening my LP since it's only been 9-10 days for the past 6 months. I think that's more on the shorter side, and I'm not super okay with it.

I usually O on CD 20, and have a period 10 or so days later. FertilAid has helped (I think) and I've already O'd this cycle on Sunday/Monday which was CD 14/15.

So that means I should see an increased LP this cycle by hopefully a couple of days at least. That to me would be a success even without the BFP.

User Image

7 years ago

I've herd of ferlitiaid, but never tried it. My cycles are usually regular but I dont ovulate every month. but i dont wanna mess my cycles up, lol.
I've been doing tests since 8DPO lol, been getting faints on internet cheapies but this morn did a first response and just got a white line :S Idk what thats about. Gonna do a 6 days sooner one tomorrow, see if anything, if not i guess im out lol.
But these are my symptoms: Tender boobs (not normal for me), acne at the bottom half of my face (I had this with my first pregnancy was a mc though, literally had about 7 spots come up in 24 hours), gassy, tired, emotional, and crampy like af is coming but ive had it for over a week now. x

7 years ago • Post starter

It depends on how u confirmed O. U could be off slightly if only using opk's, cm and cp for estimation. When u O early, ur cycle shortens as well (as it would lengthen for a late O), so going by LP is better than previous cycle lengths. LP's can also change somewhat, there can be a variance of +/- 1-2 days so it definitely isn't written in stone. I wouldn't consider urself as "late" until u pass the +2 day variance, and even then, if u don't temp to confirm the exact O date, there's not really a way to know if u truly are late. A surge doesn't always mean an egg is released, same as no surge doesn't mean u cant/won't release an egg.

Good luck! =))

7 years ago

I used opks and i had god awful ovulation pain to go with it, (I know i realise an egg when i have pain, ive been pregnant 3 times, all the same bad pain usually means i end up pregnant al mcs though).

So im hoping this time it means i am to :) but ive usually had a BFP by now, im still just getting faint lines. So I dont know. x

7 years ago • Post starter

Well, let's just say if I start my period in 8 days, I'll be upset, and quit using FertilAid for myself. That would put me at a 25 day cycle when I'm normally at a 30-33 day cycle.

This is literally just throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks.

I just doubt that my body has been having enough time to actually implant before my period shows up.

User Image

7 years ago

Hi,
If your lp stays the same or lengthens then a slightly shorter cycle is ok. Think of it as more chances to try in a year Hopefully your lp will lengthen and you will make it to 28 days and get a bfp!!!!!!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo