Community post

Discussion

Light AF

Hi, Ladies. Here's what happened to me this cycle. Was wondering if any of you got this as well..

On 9 DPO I started spotting, 10 and 11 DPO was a really light flow but with cloths and cramps (on and off actually, had cramps after an hour there was a dark red cloth) and spotting pink today. This really unusual for me since I have about 2 days of medium flow, 2 of light flow and 2 of spotting (one before AF and last day of AF) and horrible cramps, nausea and even vomiting, bad headaches, most of the month I call in sick on the first day because I just can't stand on my feet because of the pain. Also, my boobs are still feeling heavy and with pronounced veins (this usually goes away after the first day of AF). And the cramps I got were more like ovulation cramps than AF ( I ovulated on 7/6, OPK +, Ferning, EWCM for 3 days prior and BBT rise afterwards). And now I feel PMSey, like AF should be arriving in a day or two. I never feel like this, after CD 1 all symptoms go away.

I'm thinking it's too early to test and I feel that since AF showed (that's what I'm assuming this is) it would be stupid to test... I've been dizzy the last several day, had backache and some hip are pain, minor headaches (which should've been gone by now). Oh, and today I got nose bleed which never happened in 25 years...

Would really like your input on this... I am trying not to obsess about this and I feel really stupid for thinking to test..

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

It's very likely that you just had implantation bleeding. Sounds exactly like what I had. Test if your period doesn't come.

7 years ago

It's very likely that you just had implantation bleeding. Sounds exactly like what I had. Test if your period doesn't come.

7 years ago

Me too facing the same issue but at 19 days post my first IUI. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow but wondering why is the bleeding not same as my usual AF, and if at all it is implantation then its more than spotting which is again not good. I had a bfn on 15 dpo IUI by the way. Maybe this is susten 200 effect on my menstruation cycle. Things will be clearer tomorrow. Please keep posted on ur development.

7 years ago

Ruchi N, feels good to know someone out there is going through same stuff. How did your appointment go?
I got a BFN on 14 DPO, but I'm feeling worse... Boobs are super veiny and tender and sensitive and fuller... Still having the hip and backache. Still getting the mild cramps/pressure in the lower abdomen and I'm getting nauseous in the evenings... And I am suuuper tired all the time! Did several OPKs and all are negative, did even two in a day and still negative, so I don't think I'm ovulating (never ovulated without a +OPK). I'm usually ovulating super late (CD 18 on average, but last month was CD 27), so it would be super strange to ovulate on what I think it's CD 6-8 of this "new" cycle. Was thinking of testing (HPT) again in a week, just before my doc appointment. Going to see my dr, but she can see me in a week. It's killing me.

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi.. i had the same. I have history of irregular cycles anywhere btwn 29 and 49days. so initially wasnt sure when to expect AF. Bt since i used clear blue fertility monitor last cycle, It showed peak fertility on 3rd and 4th of july. So i thought AF would arrive on 18th, (2 weeks frm the ovulation).

At 11dpo onwards this is what happened...
15,16,17,18- spotting mostly while wiping. Was pink at first. Became dark brown nd then streak of blood.
19- bled. One day of full bleeding with a soaked tampon.
20th till today on and offspotting only when i wipe.

Sore boobs was there fr a day and bad lower back ache. i have never had early periods. Plus since i am hoping for pregnancy, so i keep clinging onto my .0001%of hope. I tested many times.. all NEGATIVE

7 years ago

Hi.. i had the same. I have history of irregular cycles anywhere btwn 29 and 49days. so initially wasnt sure when to expect AF. Bt since i used clear blue fertility monitor last cycle, It showed peak fertility on 3rd and 4th of july. So i thought AF would arrive on 18th, (2 weeks frm the ovulation).

At 11dpo onwards this is what happened...
15,16,17,18- spotting mostly while wiping. Was pink at first. Became dark brown nd then streak of blood.
19- bled. One day of full bleeding with a soaked tampon.
20th till today on and offspotting only when i wipe.

Sore boobs was there fr a day and bad lower back ache. i have never had early periods. Plus since i am hoping for pregnancy, so i keep clinging onto my .0001%of hope. I tested many times.. all NEGATIVE

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo