Community post

Discussion

Could This Be a Problem if You're High Risk?

I didn't know where else to post this since there isn't a category for it. I'm 38 and high risk. I've been ttc for 4 years. Had a mc at 8 weeks in Oct 2014 and a cp last cycle. We decided to keep trying right after the cp since we're still just trying to have our first child. My question (for anyone who might have an idea) is if you're high risk, can environmental heat increase your risk of cp or mc during the first couple weeks after implantation?

I'm rather angry right now because the jerks we're staying with are being completely unreasonable about the AC. They have AC in both of their rooms but won't allow us one in ours because they said the wiring is too old to support another unit. But they won't allow us to set the temp on the one in the living room any lower than 75. The last two days they've had it set to 80!!!! It doesn't even kick on until it's over 83 in there, and it's at least FIVE DEGREES higher in our room.

We had this same issue with heat last month right about the same point in my cycle because the old unit died and replacing it was very low on their priorities (they needed a bunch of new blu ray movies more). I'm at 6dpo and with my sinuses acting up, I can barely breathe with the temp being between 85 and 95. Last month, they finally got a working unit put in...right about the time I had my cp bleeding start.

I'm so angry right now that I can't even begin to tell you the things going through my mind. I know that you're supposed to avoid hot baths, saunas and such if you're pregnant (especially if you're high risk), but what about the temp in the house? Would I be correct to assume that anything that raises your body temp would be risky? Could that have triggered my cp last cycle? Could I end up with another cp this cycle for the same reason?

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Sorry for your cp! I know it's frustrating. I had one a few months ago.

Now, I'm not a doctor or scientist, but I don't think the heat in your house should affect your pregnancy. Not unless it was VERY extreme and sudden (like going from a cool room to a sauna)...then maybe it would. I was pregnant during summer in Australia when the temperatures were over 45c (which converts to about 113 f). Lots of people are pregnant in extremely hot countries and I don't think the risk of miscarriage is any higher. Perhaps if you were dehydrated from the heat? That might be a factor, but if you are drinking lots of fluids, it should be fine.

What was the reason for the high risk? Is it possible that the reason you are considered high risk might be the cause of the cp?

Goodluck with TTC :)

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo