Community post

Discussion

Late light period... confused

My husband and I have been trying for 2 years. I have PCOS. I was diagnosed when I was 21. I am now 33. I have been on BC for most of my life, but when I was not on it I have never had consistent cycles. I am now on Metformin. I think I started it in May of this year. My cycles have been 30 and 35 days this past couple of months. My luteal phase is is always between 12 and 14 days long.

This past cycle I was sure we had done it! I don't know why exactly as I had far fewer "symptoms" than other cycles. I took a test at 9dpo (Yes I know it was way to early, but it was our 1 year wedding anniversary and I was hoping to give him a positive test), I took another one at 13, 14, and 15dpo. The strange thing was that both of us saw "something" on all of the tests, but neither one would call it positive. He is usually the one to tell me I have line eye, so it was really encouraging when he said he saw something too.

Then on 15dpo I started spotting. Which has turned into a strange period. I haven't had a period this light since I was on BC 5 years ago. It is real blood, even large blood colored jelly blobs. But I am talking 1 pad a day here.

I have also had a terrible cold and a fever. I have been in bed most of the time I've been bleeding, Do you think they could be the reason it is so light? Normally when I get up from bed on my period there is that horrible "turning on of the faucet feeling", but that isn't happening now.

I am all out of tests. I keep telling myself it would be silly to buy more since I am bleeding... but I can't quell the hope that... well there is still hope.

The last thing is I am on Lithium. When I was late I stopped taking my normal dose because I know it can cause Birth defects. Because TTC is taking so long and I have fertility issues mt psyche doc doesn't think it is a good idea for me to come of it permanently, so the plan is I will stop it as soon as I get a positive. I can't help but freak out a bit toward the end of my luteal phase. I am constantly worried I will end up getting a late positive and the kid will end up with a heart defect.

Any suggestions? Stories? Anything?

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Thought I would update. Well It looks like I am not pregnant. after only 3 days or so of light bleeding it stopped. So I took a test with really concentrated urine. It was negative. I still have a strange suspicion I am, but It is likely just hopeing.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo