Community post

Discussion

Pregnancy Brain?? No Possible Way... right?

This is really silly, especially after I JUST told someone last week that this is waaayyy too early for pregnancy brain to start (I'm only about 6dpo as I type this). But over the last couple days my short term memory and concentration has taken a serious nose-dive. I read that it can be possibly attributed to elevated progesterone (along with my feeling elated/happy/A-Okay for no reason whatsoever...even in the middle of a minor crisis). But if that is only due to post-ovulation hormones, can it be a possible sign of pregnancy? Or just lack of sleep? lol

Granted, I've been more exhausted the last few days and restless at night. Tired all day even when I sleep longer. But yesterday I opened a new tab in my browser and immediately forgot what I was doing. Since yesterday I haven't hardly been able to concentrate. I have to read the same sentence three times sometimes because I keep forgetting what I'm reading. lol I've been forgetting simple words, struggling to talk. ...Today I started to pour milk into the cat's water dish and only stopped myself when I realized something didn't look right. lol

I have my blonde moments now and then, sure. But usually I'M the one who knows where everything is and has to help DH find this that or the other when it's right in front of him. The last two days, I lost count of the times I had to ask HIM where something was (the response to which has been "idk YOU had it last"). Thankfully, the one thing I have not forgotten even once is to take my prenatal with my first food of the day. lol

Spent the last ten minutes LOLing at old posts google brought up with stories of what other women did due to "pregnancy brain" while looking for the answer to the question... Can that start this early? And now I'm wondering...if that's what it is, will I be an airhead the rest of my life? LOL

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

OH yeah...and I forgot to add *eye roll* the countless times today that I opened the google homepage and immediately forgot what I was gonna search for (even asked myself outloud wth was I gonna look for).

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo