Community post

Discussion

Things to Do During the TWW

It's hard not to drive yourself insane while you count the days and watch for every little sign and symptom that could mean a BFP is in your future. For some, passing the time can go more quickly by keeping a journal of their TWW and reading everything they can find. But for others, this can just add to the stress. And stress is absolutely the last thing you need while TTC.

Whether you find it easier to relax and pass the time by distracting yourself from the wait entirely or getting more involved, here are a few ideas to try. Just experiment and find what works for you.

- Keep a journal and find cycle buddies to share symptoms with
- Spend time learning more about ovulation signs, the process of fertilization and implantation, and early hcg levels
- Help other ttcers by answering questions or offering support
- Read a self-help book (maybe something on positive thinking)
- Start a dream journal
Some might even find it helpful to start planning a scrap book or start picking up a few baby outfits or toys. This can be a great way to stay positive that you -will- have a baby and give you something to share with your future child when they're older.

Or if you find it too stressful to think about all of this and need a distraction:

- Watch a movie
- Read a novel
- Spend time on a hobby
- Play a video game
- Take a walk and just enjoy nature (it IS summer afterall)
- Go swimming
- Go shopping (maybe visit a craft store or hobby shop)
- Do something fun like playing a board game or go to the zoo, maybe bowling

If you're high risk like me, you may want to avoid strenuous activities, amusement park rides or long car trips. But just find something enjoyable that you can really take an interest in. I'm a big believer in the power of positive thinking and that there is no such thing as too much knowledge. Plus the more you know, the more help and support you can offer to others on this journey to motherhood.

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Thanks for this post :) I think I will try to find some ladies to support and start reading the meditation book I have been putting off. I hope you're well <3

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo