Community post

Discussion

TTC without the ring - anyone else?

My boyfriend and I have been together a year and a half now. He is 14 years older than me with 3 daughters from a previous marriage. We have a wedding date set (May 5, 2018 (he is Mexican)). I'm 26 and want 3 children spaced out. I don't want to still be having kids into my 40's (that is just me). I told my mom and she was skeptical because we weren't married. She was also supportive though because she loves him and loves us together. We sat down one night and had a long discussion on starting our family now. Is there anyone else who made this decision? How did you tell people?

My biggest fear will be people thinking we hadn't planned this little miracle and it was a mistake.

Tell me your story if you're TTC without a ring :)

2 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi,
Congratulations on your engagement and soon to be nuptials! It's stressful at times, but planning for a wedding is also a lot of fun and exciting. :-)

As for getting pregnant ahead of time, I do understand your concern about what people have to say. However, no matter what you do, people are going to talk. They may talk a little more if you're pregnant ahead of time, but they will talk nonetheless. It's the nature of people.

If you don't want them to say anything about your being pregnant before 2018, there's always the option to move the wedding up, and then have a reception later.

I met my husband online, which some of my friends and family were weird about. It was like, "How do you know he isn't a psychopath? Why can't you meet someone offline? He could be lying about everything. Don't tell anyone you met him online, they'll wonder why you couldn't meet someone in real life."

4 months later, we were talking marriage and 2 months after that we got engaged and moved in together. 1 years after we met, we were married.

I was worried at the time that people would talk that we were moving too fast, but now, as I look back, I realize I don't care. I'm happy with my decision, I love my husband and I don't regret marrying him.

If getting pregnant before marriage is what will make you happy, don't let what others say keep you from your happiness. Just make sure that you are prepared incase things don't go as planned.

7 years ago

Hi,
I wanted a large family but didn't meet my dh until I was mid 30's so only have a ds. Would love more but I know my chances are slim, if I could talk to my past self I would say to ignore what others think.
As long as a child is conceived in love and is wanted who cares what anyone else thinks. A ring is no guarantee that things will work out. You seem to have a supportive mum so follow your heart.
Good luck to you both

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo