Community post

Discussion

Would Love Some Advice

Never tried to conceive before and never been pregnant. In need of help/ advice/ opinions!

Here's my background: diagnosed with PCOS October 2015. Went to the doctors cause I put on 25 pounds in 2.5 years and couldn't get if off no matter how hard I tried. He did blood work and saw my testosterone levels were slightly elevated. Started on spironalctone and now the levels are within normal limits. I seem to have a mild case because my BMI is normal (I gained that weight from being a little too skinny) I get pimples but I don't have acne, no abnormal hair growth, etc. But I am a nurse and I suspect I may be insulin resistant. Since the PCOS dx tho I have changed my diet and I've lost about 8 pounds and no I am maintaining (though I'd like to lose 5 to 10 more).

I had mirena IUD planned August 2015 and it was removed June 15 2016. Had spotting 8 days begging of June but I would call it a menstrual flow. Thought I ovulated after getting it removed but who knows cause I'm so new at this! Anyway af came July 2 and it was the most normal af I've ever had! 3 days medium flow and one day light, no cramps and no other symptoms during the period. I did have bad breast tenderness and nausea about a week after having the mirena removed.

Anyway so the day after my period I was having EWCM and it continued about 3 days but I figured no way I could be ovulated but me and hubby BD'd all those days just in case... Now it's two week after my last period and two weeks before my next where I SHOULD in a perfect word be ovulating. But instead creamy CM or none at all and I'm having pre period symptoms! Bloating, mild cramps, bad mood swings and some uncontrollable crying... And tmi but I think I've got a yeast infection which I've really never had one before!

So now I am frustrated and upset I could be getting my period 2 weeks early and that I am out this month! I was on the pill for years and years before the PCOS discovery and had then had the mirena so does this sound typical of PCOS when no BC is being used? Any advice or opinions would be appreciated!!!

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi kellxox1,

First off, welcome!

I can speak to your history with BC and TTC but not to PCOS.

I was on oral BC for 10 years. Ended that in mid-December 2015, and we began trying in January 2016 for our first baby.

Still not pregnant 6 months later.

Best I can say is that it may take some time before your cycles normal out completely from having the IUD.

I've had 6 periods since January and all have been very different as far as the symptoms before and during. So, just give yourself some time.

If I could go back, I would have simply had fun for a few months with TTC before jumping into all of the other things you can do.

Just would have relaxed and given nature an opportunity to work its own magic.

So that's what I'd recommend for you. If you're like me though, you wanted to monitor your periods and cycles, so I downloaded Ovia (there are tons of apps out there though), and started tracking that way just to see if my cycles were normal.

It sounds like your PCOS may be under control, so you may start seeing your cycles stable out some when tracking.

Hope this helps!

User Image

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo