Community post

Discussion

My first IVF-- did not get to transfer

I am 401 1/2 and TTC my 1st child. I went through IVF and got 9 folicles... only 4 fertilized with ICSI, and none made it to blastocyst... i hadn't really prepared myself for not doing a transfer. i am trying to convince myself that it is better not to transfer any "underdeveloped embryos" then to have a miscarriage.... but i would like to know if going back for IVF #2 is the definition of insanity.... Anyone have success on #2?

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Did you do it again? Hope it turned out well for you! Same thing happened to me, a couple of months after you.

8 years ago

I have tried 3 more times. 2nd time, did not make it to transfer. 3rd and 4tg time, made it to transfer but did not get pregnant. It is very emotional. I just finished a series of tests to see if I have rare hormones that do not allow attachment. The dr thinks my "oven" is ok, and to try again..... I haven't decided yet.... Sorry to hear that you didn't get to transfer. I hope it works out for you!!
L

8 years ago • Post starter

Oh, LJ, that is heartbreaking. I am so sorry. Money is an issue, so I have been trying Femara IUIs this summer. Now have a cyst, so nothing this cycle. I have a new job and new insurance and there is a slight chance they will approve an IVF. I am sort of worn out of hoping. I just can't keep caring that much month after month.

8 years ago

I, too, just started a new job!
I started to investigate adoption. It is daunting. And can be $50K!
All of my tests came back normal.
I may try one more time, but after October. Bc of money and so much change with the job.....
I am so sad, to be honest. I want to be a mom so badly.
:-(

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo