Community post

Discussion

First time on Clomid. Any advice or things I should know?

Hi everyone! Here is a little background about me, DH and I have been TTC for 1 year and 1 month with no luck. After coming off of BC I have had very irregular cycles. My Dr. just put me on 50mg of Clomid days 5-9. So far I have had hot flashes and have been very emotional. I am currently on cd 9. What day should I expect to O? Should I be taking any other meds? I have seen where some people say they took robitussin, what is that for? Any help or advice would be appreciated! Any success stories would be appreciated as well! How long did it take you to conceive using Clomid?

6 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I have taken clomid three times - 50mm cd3-7. While taking it i would get hot flashes & dizziness on the morning (I took mine at night)

We have been TTC for 2 years w/ no not infertility cause. I have a 3 year old and had no issues - bfp on month 2

I got pregnant on month one w/ clomid and MC @ 6wks, No O on month 2 and am not 8dpo on cycle 3. My personal experience w/ O'ing on clomids is that it is very "intense". I have a lot of cramping and pulling for two days and was very emotional.

Good Luck :) Hope you get your clomid BFP <3

9 years ago

Thanks so much for replying ssever2! I am sorry to hear about your MC but keeping my for you this month! Were your cycles irregular? Mine are never the same my last cycle was only 20 days long but the one before that was 58 days, so I never know how long it will be. So, did you O around the same time each month you have taken Clomid? And if you did, what cd day was it ( If you don't mind me asking). I am on cd 11 today and DH and I started BD every other day on cd 8 and I guess we will do that until cd 22? Hopefully this Clomid will help to make my cycles more predictable and regular. Also did you use Robitussin or anything whie you are taking the Clomid?

sent your way!!

9 years ago • Post starter

Before my DD and IUD my cycles were regular because I was on BC, but after I had my IUD taken out I have been all over the place from 22-36 day cycles and some moths I would get a + on the OPK, some no O and a few months I would get two + (one way to early and one way too late)

CLomid cycle 1 - O'd on CD13 and got BFP CD27
Clomid cyle 2 (After MC and Lapo Surgery) No O
Clomid 3 - O'm on CD13

Before the put you on clomid did they find anything else with you or your DH? When my DH and I were tested everything was normal except they found Cycts which ended up being Endo for me

9 years ago

Clomid, Oh the hot flashes. And I was quite easily irritated too.

June 24th 2nd IUI two mature follicles. Fx!

9 years ago

Pinkee - How is your aggression around O time? The clomids did not seem to affect my mood from CD3 till O, but after I o'd and for the last week I just want to ripe peoples heads off! No Jokes!

My DD had preschool and the school was also the Polling place for Elections and I seriously almost mowed down an elderly couple walking into the building! Then explained my frustration to the group on moms and by the end of the hour of class with the mom's (We are in ECFE Preschool) I was in tears! WTH! My emotions are all over the board

9 years ago

Ssever2, the only thing that they did before putting me on Clomid is some bloodwork which came back normal. They did not test DH. She said it would be cheaper on us if we did 3 rounds of clomid and then if it didn't work she would test DH. If he comes out alright, then they would do the test to make sure my tubes are clear. I was kind of bummed, like why put myself through taking clomid if DH might have low motility or something but the clomid is only$3 whereas for DH to get tested is $175... So hopefully clomid will help and we will get our BFP this month!!

Pinkee, I hear ya girl! Those HOTFLASHES are killing me! (I'm actually having one right now...) I don't realize they would keep occurring even after taking the last pill??

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo