Community post

Discussion

First Child

I stopped taking my BC pills (June 11th) the Saturday after I had my period (June 7th-10th), before the week of my ovulation. I had light spotting/discharge up until the 14th. I had intercourse on the 15th. It's now the 9th of July, 5 day past due my regular cycle. Is there anyway I could be pregnant or is it just my hormones are out of whack for the time being?

In consideration I do have PCOS and was taking birth control and Metformin to regulate my periods and control my insulin resistance.

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi,
Do you temp or use opk' s? Do. You have a def date for ovulation or are you going by the average 14 days? Now that you are not on bc your cycle could change. Have you taken a hpt?
Good luck hope you get the result you want

7 years ago

I did take a pregnancy test this morning but it came out negative. My ovulation date was the 20th of June. Can my PCOS cause me not to become pregnant after stopping the BC? I'm 6 days past due my current period, according to my period tracker on my phone my next ovulation date is the 17th of this month. Can I increase my chances of becoming pregnant if I am intimate the following days of ovulation?

Thanks for the help!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi,
Unless the phone tracker uses your bbt then it is guess work as to when you ovulate. I used something similar for a year and then when I charted my bbt and used opk' s I found out I ovulated a week later than I thought. I basically wasted a year doing the deed at the wrong time. Now I a week before and every day (or two on an off day), I make sure I do it the day before o, on o day and the day after. I try to bd the day after that, miss a day and go for it the day after. I'm trying to cover all my bases.
The most fertile days are the few days before ovulation and the day of as sperm can live a few days inside the uterus.
If you have been regular after suspected ovulation then you could still be pregnant but it's too early to show. A lot of women with PCOS go on bc for a while to increase their chances so keep your chin up and remain hopeful.
If your cycle becomes irregular look into vitex, it is good at balancing hormones and keeping your cycle regular.
I however hope you don't need my advice and get your bfp!!!!!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo