Community post

Discussion

New here! Trying for 2nd child with Hypothyroid

Hi ladies! I am on CD 28 and at roughly 10dpo, I ovulated around CD 17-19 from what my OPK showed. I have a 2 year old girl and we are trying for our 2nd but I found out in March I am hypothyroid so I have been on medicine for it since and my numbers have greatly improved! I took a test yesterday at 9ish DPO and today, both are showing very very very VERY light lines that I can only really notice after the test has been sitting a bit. Not sure if it's just evaps or an indication that something is coming up (chemical or actual pregnancy). I use the easy@home dipstick tests you get off Amazon. Period is due tomorrowish. Any thoughts on the testing or words of advice, or a simple hi is more than welcome <3

4 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi and welcome!! I love those Amazon tests there so sensitive. If you've got a faint line id test again in a day or two but it's looking good to me :). Good luck! The same happened to me with Amazon test yesterday, left it for about 5-10 mins and if I put it up against light I could see a very very faint line too,but I think I'm a little early, as I've just finished implantation bleeding yesterday. Fx for us both :)

7 years ago

Hi,
First of all, well done getting your numbers under control. A good way to get a good look at those tests is with a magnifying glass and a torch. I use them as well and it can be hard telling the difference with indents and evaps. With a magnifying glass you can see indents clearly and its easier to see traces of a pink line rather than a shadow line (which is advisable on most tests).
I hope your test turns a beautiful shade of pink!! Good luck and keep us updated

7 years ago

Jellybean,

Yes! Today's test is the same. Sucha mystery. I'm thinking it's either evaps or I'm a late implanter. Good luck to you! I hope you have a sticky bean!

Kellie,
Thanks for the warm welcome and the tips, it made me laugh because I can imagine my hubby walking in on me checking my tests under a magnifying glass lol! I'm going to try it though. Still the same test today!

7 years ago • Post starter

Alright ladies, updating for anyone who may come across this looking for answers. I hate when people don't update lol!

Shark week came today after being 4 days late, so I am out for this cycle. I tried 3 different brands and got the same line, no darker, on each one. I am thinking it was a chemical. Hope this has helped, good luck everyone!

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo