Community post

Discussion

Help! Confusing test results! What's going on?

So I got a very faint positive on a FRER two days ago. The next day, using the same type of test, I got a positive again that was slightly darker. I took another one that night that was slightly fainter but I just figured it was because I took it at night. I took a FRER digital this morning and got another BFP. 4 hours later when I woke up I took one more non-digital FRER just to be sure and it was a lot fainter than my last one. So the lines are getting lighter. What's confusing is that I've also tested a few times with an e.p.t.-which is less sensitive-and the lines are getting darker on those! What's going on? The last time I saw my lines getting lighter I had a chemical so I'm worried, but on one brand it's getting darker and on another it's getting lighter. I'm so confused.

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi Mattie
It may be a chemical, but because your lines are darker on one test and then faint on the other it may really just have to do with the sensitivity of the test. Different brands test at different Hcg sensitivity levels some pick up at 20 some at 25 and some at 50. It would make sense if the test with the darker lines pick up at a lower level of HCg and the fainter lines pick up at a higher level of HCg. Read the insert and find out what concentrations they pick up at. If they are the same then really it is probably just the brand of test that is the reason the lines are different and you need to go in to your doctors office and just get a formal BHCg blood test. Hope this helps.

sprinkle a whole lotta I pray for this result so I keep and wish to all who are trying

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo