Community post

Discussion

8dpo strange mix of symptoms - thoughts please?!

Firstly, a TMI warning with this post - sorry! But I've had a weird mix of symptoms the last few days and I would love to know what you think. I know I should just wait another week and test again but you know how it is!

So today I'm 8dpo I think, I'm fairly sure I O'd last Monday 27th based on CM and OPK but obviously this could be a day or so out. We BD'd on Tuesday 28th night, and that is the only time in the last 2 weeks because of illness and moving house, so if I conceived it would have been then.

Friday 1st (4dpo) I got really bad AF like cramping so bad I had to go to bed, still there with bad bloating all day Saturday (5dpo).

Then I got thrush (sorry, I did say TMI!), which started Saturday and was here properly Sunday (6dpo). I've had thrush once in my life before, I basically never get it.

Having read that the hormone imbalance caused by pregnancy could be a reason for thrush, I did a HPT on Monday (7dpo) - I know, way too early! BUT - I got a BFP almost straight away. Faint, but it was definitely there. I have never had a BFP before, not even a semblance of one, so I know I wasn't imagining it. But then, having seen the BFP, ten minutes later it had completely disappeared?

So this morning (8dpo) I decided I would do another one (again I know it's too early but given yesterday's BFP to BFN weirdness I had to check) - BFN, definitely. No hint of anything. So I thought OK, well I'll just have to leave it until the weekend and re-test at a proper time.

But then this afternoon at work I go to the loo and find I've been bleeding (it was in my knickers, a fair bit, but nothing really there when I wiped). I'm 8dpo and AF is not due until next Weds - as I am fairly sure when I O'd, and I usually have a 33 day cycle I'm fairly sure it's not AF. I've had no cramps or anything since the weekend.

What is going on?! What are your thoughts ladies? x

0 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo