Community post

Discussion

Another Month..another NEGATIVE test. sigh..

Well it's been almost 2 years of no BFP. My eldest and only child is 7 years old. No doctor can help me conceive and even though I get really down about it..I'm starting to get use to seeing only 1 line. It's emotionally draining and at times I feel like I'm totally useless as a woman. Other times I'm ok with it and I'm like OK well it's alright...it'll happen when it's suppose to. I guess I've gotten numb. Every one around me is pregnant or just had a baby and I'm happy for them. I try to look on the bright side most of the time. I know I'm not the only one in this boat that seems to never be able to set sail. I just kinda wished I had a friend that I'm able to talk to and relate with. Bc as wonderful as they are..husbands just don't get it. They don't understand the symptom spotting we do all month..they don't really know how much we obsess over TTC..It's just something they don't understand. At least mine doesnt. I guess I'm just here to vent it out and let out that long sigh of defeat again this month. Everyone says when I stop trying it will happen...lol. I've gotta laugh a bit at that bc I'm like yeah ok. I'm 26 years old. I'm 150 lbs. And in perfect overall health I just don't understand why It doesn't happen maybe it's not meant to be.. My first was so easy..I hope you ladies reading this have better luck than I do. ?

4 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I'm sorry you're feeling this way hun. I can definitely relate to you though and if you need someone to talk to I am here for you.
I am 25, been TTC #1 for 5 years with no luck. I have PCOS, endometriosis, and LUFS.

I have used the last couple years to focus on helping other women take control of their fertility and if you want help I am more than happy to offer up information. It makes these 5 years I have been fighting infertility feel worth it when I get to help other people.

I started a vlog a little while back as well and if you are interested in it, my first video talks about my story, how I intend to help those TTC. As this is a rough journey and I remember being in the beginning years of ttc and I had no one to rely on, no one to ask questions. And so I was running blind, letting doctors tell me what was best or just trying the latest "fad" fertility recommendation.

Anyways :) I am pretty experienced with this kind of thing so if you want help I am here. Because once you have been TTC for over a year they consider that infertility. And the fact that you are working on 2 years tells me something is wrong. It may not be you though, it could be your husband. Sometimes a little digging can get us in the right direction to achieving our goal of getting pregnant.

SO if you are interested in my videos you can find me on youtube #theinfertilitybattle

7 years ago

Wow! Thank you so so so much! It means a lot to have someone out there who knows what it's like. I'm so sorry for your battle as well. It's not fair. But it's so inspiring how you have chosen to lead others in your shoes! That's such a blessing to women like me. My whole problem is this. When I was 20 I got the mirena IUD. kept it for 5 years with no period whatsoever. After it was removed is when I started all these problems. It's been out Goin on 2 years now. I am not regular. Periods come light to heavy any where from 20 days to 40 days and I have a Terrible hormonal imbalance. I do not ovulate regularly if I even ovulate at all. I have a doctor's appointment next week on the 12th to see what is actually going on. And I feel like he's just going to put me on a birth control troll which is something I do not want. My husband is fine he's as healthy as a horse. Lol but I struggle. And every month I get actual pregnancy symptoms and it's just phantom bc I'm never actually pregnant. It gets to me..I can't lie and say I'm not discouraged over it because I am. 100s of dollars wasted on test and doctors appointments just to keep hearing the same things. I'm going to watch your videos and follow you. I really admire how you have turned something devastating into something positive. That's so awesome! Thank you again for your response! Much love goes out to you and prayers as well. I hope you get your little miracle!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi Rochelle,
If your cycles are unregulated and so is ovulation your doctor might want to put you on Clomid, it's exactly what it was made for. It can however be really expensive and there are alternative natural supplements that could help. What are you taking at the moment? Have you looked into Vitex? Macca? Progesterone cream? Jenna is spot on though, first you have to try work out what is going wrong in your cycle. It could simply be your hormones are unbalanced and vitex can help sort that out, certain vitamins can also help balance your hormones too. Don't worry all is not lost, you have plenty of options still open to you

Jenna. I'm 44 and have been ttc for just over two years, like you I have a list of things going against me including my age. Also like you I found my purpose and sanity through helping others on this site. I know I'm unlikely to conceive but where is the harm in trying. I enjoy helping others achieve their dream and I'm truly happy when they get their bfp. My thread is for the over 40's but we also have lots of younger ladies that have joined. It's nice to hear that someone else out there is also using a negative experience to help others. I hope you beat the odds and get your bfp soon.

7 years ago

Well ladies after no luck this month for BFP. I went to the doctor. He started me on Clomid. Since my cycle is already come and gone this month we will start it my next cycle. I'm kind of nervous as I don't know what to expect with it but if it helps me conceive I'm all for it.

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo