Community post

Discussion

am i pregnant or menopausal

hi I'm 43 an TTC for four months with bfn always dpo now I had all the symptoms u can think of an when AF was due all seems to disappeared an had a little cramping an butterflies in my womb.took a test 1 day late with bfn an low cervix I don't know what to think.please help me anyone with my age an a bfp an a healthy bby

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi,
I have spoke to quite a few women over the last few months that got a bfp and are in their 40's. If you ovulated late your period will be late and it would be too early for a bfp. It can also take longer for hcg levels to rise in some women, we are all different. I have read of some getting a bfp after being a couple of weeks late.
Are your periods normally on time? Do you still ovulate every month? If it's yes then it's unlikely to be premenopausal. Our bodies are constantly changing when ttc, if fertilization occurs our hormones start adjusting but unless implantation happens successfully we don't get that illusive bfp.
I'm a year older than you and understand how you are feeling, keep hopeful and I hope you get your bfp in the next few days

Make sure your test is 10mlu to get the earliest results x

7 years ago

hi Kerzie
thanks for the answer I also want to believe that I ovulated later than I thought but also my period are irregular ranging from 28-34 so it could be that I will be long this month.but what I don't understand is that I only have cramping an tender BBS as my AF symptom nothing else ,but this time I had all the symptoms u can think of worst being vomiting an bloating.this is what makes me think is menopause but I will try to be patient an test again after two weeks maybe then i wil get my bfp.thanks again .

7 years ago • Post starter

I am 47 and thought I was beginning menopause when my last cycle was late. I took a hpt and it was the darkest positive I've ever seen! I went and had my blood drawn yesturday and my blood test was also positive. My progesterone was a little low, so I started prometrium. Praying for this last one!

P.S. I had a healthy baby boy at age 44! We thought he was our last! Let me know if you have questions or need encouragement

7 years ago

Bloomgirl, congratulations!!!! Great news for us oldies x

7 years ago

wow congrats!!!! to you u are so blessed,unluckily for me I havmy AF a week later for a day an a half,I was so worried an angry to myself but then I'm trying again this months hoping for bfp.I took 50 mg fertomid on 4-8 an my hubby is not home three days after I finished my cycle he will only be back today on cd12 do you think I will miss my O day cz I have abdominal pains an both side of my ovary since the last pill.I'm so worried don't know what to do my doc is away for the whole months he will be back on August the 10,I haven't had sex since the last pill now I'm seing the white clear watery discharge I believe I'm about to ovulate.what do I do.
please help me

thanks ladies hoping for the best this months

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo