Community post

Discussion

After a faint positive on 2 hpt took another and bfn

I recently started feeling sick, dizzy, and had flu like symptoms that only lasted couple days not normal for me because when I get sick I get sick for a week or more. I decided to take a hpt with afternoon urine I got faint positive and so I decided to do another one early morning came back faint as well but a little bit darker I went bought another hpt and did it again this morning but I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping I didn't sleep all night and I go wee every 30 to 45 minutes all night so I don't know if wee wasn't concentrate enough but now I'm super confused has this happen to any body else..

10 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

How many dpo are you? Was it the same brand of tests? I had this happen once with my second child. Got an extremely faint bfp the evening of 8dpo, negative 9dpo and then positive on 10dpo.

7 years ago

@supermom2 I'm not sure how many dpo I'm irregular but cycle started 6/5 and on 6/17 i had a blood clot and blood when i wiped i was having a lot of ovary pain that day i guess that's when i was ovulating and my egg burstout from ovary so if that's what it was that puts me at 17dpo been feeling cramping today like AF is coming and my boobs hurt and my throat is itchy and hurting also have muccus in back of my throat sorry tmi ... I used ept generic hpt the 3 times i tested ugh frustrating i was not looking in to getting all happy over the faint but it was really unexpected we aren't trying but now i feel meh so does the hb ????

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi,
You might still be pregnant, look up the sensitivity of the brand you used and buy a more sensitive one to be sure. Try get one that is 10mlu.
Good luck, now if you get a bfp you know how you both really feel and can be happy

7 years ago

Yes! I just posted something as well, I got faint bfp at 11dpo, then darker 12dpo and bfp 13dpo, then 14dpo started spotting and it got heavy for a day and a half with some small clots but disappeared after 2 days. Took a test and it was bfn I thought we had a chemical pregnancy and told my SO that we could keep trying. I didn't consider that maybe my urine was diluted as I drink a lot of water and I was leaving for work for a week and just considered planning our next try.

I'm exhausted, not tired, EXHAUSTED and I've had a headache everyday since Wednesday. Could I still be pregnant? So confused.

Me: 40 Him: 32 Spencer 23 Deanna 22 Owen(grandson)2 Jasper(grandson)newborn TTC our own special baby

7 years ago

You might still be pregnant if you drink lots of water early pregnancy i heard it don't pick up hcg well but then again you had that heavy bleeding that might of been a chemical pregnancy i would wait and test with 1st urine in AM in a week if u haven't startex your AF... Good luck ... I think it was just a vaporize faint line on mine i haven't gotten AF but since I'm irregular god know when Will i get it in July but I'm pretty much exhausted I've nauseous abd headaches and i go resteoom a lot ugh my boob get sore but i kept testing for next 3days following faint line and all 4tests came BFN but whatz weird is in none of them i got the vaporized line so I'm bummed ugh...

@Ericagua

I hear you, it's so confusing sometimes. I honestly chalked it up to a CP but the exhaustion is killing me and SO is convinced I'm still pregnant. I do NOT want to get my hopes up but I will test when I get home on Monday. HPT's usually don't work for me at all so to get a faint is even weird. I was 11 weeks with my daughter and HPT didn't work. So the faint tells me "something" was happening so to get the negative after the bleeding I shouldn't assume it's an ended pregnancy. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I hope you get your BFP!!!! BABY DUST :)

Me: 40 Him: 32 Spencer 23 Deanna 22 Owen(grandson)2 Jasper(grandson)newborn TTC our own special baby

7 years ago

Awwww thanks but I'm almost sure I'm out this month I'm not gping to try until November December ... Baby dust to you too ..

Hi,
You mentioned that you have irregular periods and that you want to ttc later in the year. Look up vitex, it can regulate your periods and balance out your hormones to increase your chances. It can take three months to work properly so time it right. Also look up vitex fertility recipe, it gives a few vitamins to take with it so that when your body is ready when you are.
Good luck

7 years ago

Thanks for sure going to try vitex..

Hadn't heard of Vitex either.....I'll look that up. Thanks for the share.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo