Community post

Discussion

Eating Disorders and TTC

Hello! Well...I am currently in my second month of Clomid and TTC. I am supposed to ovulate either tonight, tomorrow, or the next day according to my doctor.

Anyway...I have struggled with anorexia/bulimia for a little over five years of my adult life. I have been in recovery with intermittent relapses for about two of those years. I am at a very healthy weight now and once I started seriously TTC, I quit all eating disorder behaviors. However, due to stress over TTC, I purged (sorry for the TMI) once a couple days ago and maybe three times today. It is definitely way less than what I used to do...I do not plan on going back into these behaviors again.

However, I worry that my actions may hurt my chances this month. Could my purging a few times before O affect my chances? Or am I worrying too much? I know I can't change the past.
I just guess I need to get this out...

Also, I have heard that stress can affect chances for BFP. I do get stressed easily but it is so hard to just relax about it all...and then it is like stressing trying not to stress and that vicious cycle! Oh jeez, I am mess haha!

Anyway, thank you all for any help. I really appreciate it!

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi,
I've had a couple of friends that had similar problems to you, the stress of ttc brought out old habits. Recognizing it early and admitting it is a good sign and very brave! You know what works for you to stop it happening and you need to deal with it because pregnancy can be really stressful at times too. Do you have someone you can phone or talk to whenever you feel the urge? Do you have a therapist that can support you? It is also good stress relief on here.
One of my friends had recurring mc because she was ashamed to ask for help and once she found the right support went on to have three beautiful, healthy children. She found she needed help after too due to the baby weight and was able to do it healthily.
I don't think it will have ruined your chances as people fall pregnant after being ill but please take care of yourself
Good luck with everything

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo