Community post

Discussion

First month using soy isoflavones 1dpo

View Full Post

We have been ttc for eight months now. This month I decided to try soy isoflavones. I didn't read into it until I had already started my cycle so I did days 4-8 and took 160 for all five days. In addition I used 2000mg of maca on thoughs days as well. I know you Bay posed to use maca from cd1 to ovulation but I was getting a really bad headache (probably more likely from the soy) either way I only used both for five days. My cycles are irregular ranging from 23 to 37 days. Last month ovulation wasn't until cd22 but this cycles I just ovulated on cd15 so a full week sooner. Plus I actually felt ovulation ( lots of cramping and a sensation of fullness). Hoping this is my month. I am 1dpo today. Anyone care to join for soy, classic ttc, or and vitamin veterans out there?

User Image

77 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 77 Replies | Last Page

Ooh the nausea.
One of the best advice i got on my last pregnancy was... Eat whatever is easy to throw up... Hehe sorry... Hope it wont be too bad but as you sayd its a good Sign still that things are normal :)

I would like to try soy isoflavonia but i have to figure where i can get that here in Stockholm. I guess it Will be a Little research to find that out. Where did you get it?

7 years ago

I bought mine at a local vitain shop here. But I live in the US in Sandy OR. If you don't have local places like that you can always order online.

And that is sound advice lol thank you

User Image

7 years ago • Post starter

I bought mine at a local vitain shop here. But I live in the US in Sandy OR. If you don't have local places like that you can always order online.

And that is sound advice lol thank you

User Image

Jeij. I just found soy isoflavones. I Think im Cd4-5 now. So i just took my first capsule. you sayd you took 170mg but im not really understanding how im to calculate it.
It says on mine that recommended daily dose 1 capsule 2-3 times per day. Didnyou follow the instructions on daily dose?

7 years ago

The way it works is it mimics the same effects of clomid (fertility drug) but it's natural. However the strength of soy isoflavones is half that of clomid so you would need to double the dose but go no higher the. 200mg. The average starting dose is 80mg. You take that amount all at once or throughout the day. Most pills are sold in 40mg or 55mg capsules. I have done tons of research and most people had the greatest first time succes rate with 120mg but since my capsules where 55mg I took three.( equaling 170mg) You take them for five days so since you started in cycle day 4 ( just like I did) you'll finish on cycle day eight (4,5,6,7,8 = five days) I have heard of some people taking a low dose like 80mg for the first three days then doubling to 160 for the final two days. I just stayed with the same dose all the way through.
This was my first month using them and by seven dpo I had a very faint positive and I am now five weeks today.
The only adverse effects I personally noticed was I did get cramps on the ovary that I ended up ovulating from and a headache the first two or three days but I don't know if the headache was related. I defiantly felt ovulation which j normally don't but it was also a success. So well worth it.

User Image

So I have finished my 5 days of soy. Didn't go full force in it though and kept the doses minimum but I will wait and see. so now on CD10 and hope I will ovulate soon and a magic will happen. <3

How are you doing babyberg? Is everything going well?

7 years ago

Glad your still around! I am so hopeful this is your cycle. The nausea thankfully has calmed down, But sleeping is hard. I have really bad insomnia and nothing seems to help. The cramping as of three days now has subsided. I have my ultra sound in two weeks so I am just counting down till then. I feel like I will be nervous until then.

User Image

Still around, still not ovulating, still frustrated. i Think now that i Will not be ovulating on time. Since i am already cd 12-13 i Think i would be having signs of it now, i can nornally spot it on my CM but it doesnt feel like its increasing yet or changing. I was hoping that soy would push it so i would ovulate a tiny Little earlier to make our chances bigger this month. Maybe it still can happen i guess i can only wish.

I understand completely that you Will be nervous till after the scan :) very excited for you though. So amazing to get to hear the first heartbeat of your child :). Try to calm and not Think the worst hehe. I know its hard. But after the scan theres the wait for the next scan and each of them is so stressful in different Ways hehe. I am even still stressed now that son is turning 4.. probably in a different Way though. I almost got a heart attack when i didnt know where he had gone for a while... Luckily it was only few minutes but it felt like forever

7 years ago

Are you not using ovation testing strips? You can be off by as much as three days because cm is not a really good indicator. In the nine months I symptom checked with cm and ovulation strips over half the time I was ovulating three to four days before my cm even changed. I did noticed I was dryer while on the soy and the cycle before I ovulated on day 22 but on soy I ovulated on cycle day 15. The ovulation tests are early cheap if you purchase online. Amazon has the. And a site call early pregnancy test. I also noticed that after ovulation I slowly dryed up even more until two days before AF was due.

Only two weeks until my scan and having more nausea which is awful but nice to feel like things are progressing as they should.

User Image

I havent been using opk´s because they stress me. I like to try my best to take my mind of the whole ttc, and the cycle I did use OPK´s it stressed me far too much. I have anxiety disorder as well so I purposely try and do my best to stay calm about this whole journey. Its getting hard though.

But, Normally I do feel ovulation. most usually I get some O pain. and at that timing my cm becomes more ewcm and I have two times confirmed it with OPK´s to see if its actually right.

But maybe the soy changes the whole thing. maybe I dont feel any ovulation now? although I have only read that woman most often get more ovulation pain using soy.

How was it for you?

I find it interesting you say you felt more dry than usually. that gives me some hope too. I normally dont have problems with that but at the moment im just dry... so I am not confident with what is going on.

Still crossing my fingers and baby dancing as much as we can before DH goes on a work trip. :)

you have to let me know after the scan as well. :)

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo