Community post

Discussion

IUD REMOVAL TODAY!

Iud removal is today! I am excited and scared at the same time. My youngest daughter is 14 months old. It took us a long time to conceive due to PCOS. My daughter also has a rare genetic disorder (Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome) It is not likely that any future children will get it. It is something that just happened.

Is there anything I should know for IUD removal? Am I going to bleed a lot after?

5 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I have had two removed and no bleeding afterwards . It didn't hurt at all for me

7 years ago

Awesome thank you! How long after removal until I should expect a period?

7 years ago • Post starter

Got mine mirena removed on June 21/2016 and got my period on June 23/2016 (I did not have any periods while on mirena for almost 3 years)

Its been a frustrating month trying to figure out whats going on with my body since removal. Should have gotten period today but haven't so still needing to figure out my cycle as pregnancy test was negative :( Let me know how it goes for you I hope it won't take months to get a normal cycle!!

7 years ago

I had a Mirena for 5 years and during that time I didn't get my period. I got it removed mid November 2013 and got my 1st period on the 10th December 2013 and the next on the 8th January 2014. Two and a half weeks later I was pregnant.

7 years ago

Hi! We are in the same boat! I just got my IUD removed yesterday to TTC #2. DD is 2 years old so we decided it was time. It took us over a year to conceive her so we are nervous this time around. I've also struggled to lose the baby weight so I'm afraid my cycles will be irregular like they were the first time around. I had some discomfort when my midwife was removing the IUD but no bleeding at all afterwards.

Good luck to you!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo