Community post

Discussion

Is this real?

I've waited SO long for this. I was sure it would never happen, not for me. I even started believing I just wasn't meant to be a mom. Then AF didn't come.. my breasts hurt SO bad for 2 weeks straight, my gums started hurting me and I've never had problems with them before. I was even extra hungry, ALL the time. I don't know if that's possible so early but my body was definitely acting different. But this time, I brushed the signs off. I've had signs before and I got too excited believing I could actually be pregnant only to find out I wasn't. So I didn't think much of it except a random, nonchalant, like I couldn't really care "hmm maybe I'm pregnant" but then I moved on from that thought. It helped that I've been preoccupied. It's summer time. So much planning for fun things. When cycle day 36 came around and still no AF, I finally decided it was time to take a test. ESPECIALLY since I had been taking Metformin and it was supposed to regulate my cycles. 36 was definitely not regulated! But I had to wait. Day 37 I was going to be babysitting my twin nephews with my mother in law and I knew if I got the results and I was, in fact, pregnant, I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut. I've dreamed of the day I could tell her and my mom about my pregnancy and I wanted it to be special, not just thrown out there. So I waited until day 38. I got a faint positive that morning.
I was so excited and in disbelief. I ran into the bedroom and woke my husband up and told him. He wasn't really willing to believe the test was accurate. I don't blame him. We've gotten tired of getting our hopes up so we decided to go get another one. I took it in the late afternoon and got a strong positive then. I came out and said, "...I AM.. I really AM pregnant".
Now I've officially decided... waiting until that first ultrasound is excruciating. Maybe worse than the two week wait. It says I'm pregnant, but am I REALLY? For some reason, I'm still in disbelief. I had taken a picture of the pregnancy test and I've looked at it a hundred times. "Was that real? or did I just dream it?" And I'm not so sure i'll believe it until I see that ultrasound. It's also killing me because I want to surprise our moms with an ultrasound pic, so right now my husband and I are the only ones that know (and anybody reading this) and not telling anyone makes it seem even more unbelievable. I keep asking myself "Am I really pregnant? Is this real?" I feel like it's in my head and I probably will until my first prenatal visit. And that's 4 weeks away. I'm so impatient!
I'm so excited! and worried! In disbelief and impatient lol

2 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Congratulations !!! Try to keep yourself busy . You will be anxious for each appointment after the first too .

7 years ago

Congratulations on your BFP!!
I agree above keep yourself busy. I have been very anxious with every appointment and every test.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo