Community post

Discussion

Break up with dp after chemical pregnancy

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 7 months. A little rocky at times but we are in love. What we usually fight about is me not thinking he cares about me and vice versa. We got pregnant on accident and I waited a few days to tell him. On father's day, I told him and he started crying tears of joy and he was excited. Before this, he had kind of been drifting apart, not making an effort to see me or talk to me. And after I told him I was pregnant, he acted the same way. I would expect him to treat me a little better, being his pregnant girlfriend. During the few days after that, he couldnt see the faint BFPs and started thinking it was all in my head. But I was pregnant, 100%. Everytime I talked about it he would seem annoyed or say I wasnt and it would hurt my feelings so I told him I wouldnt talk about it anymore and he seemed happy about that. A few days later, I started bleeding. I was having a chemical pregnancy and I didn't even want to tell him. I just told him I started my period and that's what I thought it was honestly. Then I realized it was a CP and I told him I was cutting all my hair off because I was having a life crisis. He told me no, I wasnt and, granted, he didn't know I was having a CP but he thought I thought I was pregnant and wasnt and that's also a life crisis. I told him I was having a CP and he just asked "having or had" and I said "having" and he didnt reply until an hour later with a different subject. So I told him I need time for myself and not to talk to me cause he was being insensitive. He gave me 2 days to be alone and then randomly texted me that he was thinking of breaking up with me. I told him I was grieving and he's just going to abandom me and he just changed the subject. I was telling him the baby's name (carter) and he just kept changing the subject and he said "you dont have a baby and you have a name". And that was it. He flat out denied the existence of our child. So I called him and he didn't pick up so I left a voicemail and broke up with him. He kept texting me and telling me im putting strain on myself over a baby I "just wanted" and he doesnt talk about it because "he wants me to forget about it as soon as possible". I told him I have the right to grieve and I don't want to forget about my baby. I also told him I hope this haunts you for the rest of your life and he told me to "just stop". He called me babe at one point after this and I told him "im not your babe" and he said "I know this is just the way I'm trying to handle this break up to not feel so sad" and I said "this is not what you should feel sad about!". So anyways, he has been completely unsupportive and denies his child's existence when all my baby deserved was love. He never even sent me a simple "are you okay?" after i told him. If only he knew the sadness and the physical pain I feel or even the things coming out of me. I want to hate him. I want to not want to forgive him. Im so angry at him. Why is he such a shitty person during the worst time of my life? Ive lost 2 things this week. Any advice?

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Honestly, it sounds as though you're both a bit immature. Take some time apart to grow and learn who you are.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo