Community post

Discussion

HELP! Need advice for basic sperm analysis

DH is getting more anxious by the day about the upcoming basic semen analysis. We're driving a couple hours away to do this, so we'd love some tips on what to expect, and mostly for how to process the entire experience.

Anyone been through it with their DH and can pass along some good advice?

Thanks.

User Image

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi! My hubby and I just went though this 6 months ago... he was nervous too - I think he felt like it was an "attack" on his "manhood"! He has 2 children from a previous marriage but the youngest is almost 9 and the dr. said lots can change in that amount of time. We didn't have a long drive so I can't speak for that part of it... our lab was only 20 min away so he could make his "deposit" at home and then take it to the lab for a preset time. We actually had to make a 2nd apt because the day of the first appt. when I had taken the afternoon off work to "help" the power went out at the lab and they cancelled the appt! So when we rebooked I wasn't able to be home so he was on his own! LOL. By the sounds of it you will be with him so maybe you could set up a cheesy car date or something... necking in the backseat, cheeseburgers and milkshakes - like a 80 rom-com date? Try and take some pressure off for him? It's never a fun experience but our advice would just be to relax and know that it is just one step in moving forward towards having a baby. Good Luck! I hope all goes smoothly for you!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo