Community post

Discussion

TTC - 2 months in. Advice would be appreciated!

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the site, and this is my first time posting.

This is my second month of TTC. I've been tracking my period and ovulation cycles naturally. No kits or anything like that. I know that it's only two months in and I shouldn't worry, but I can't help it. I worry, it's what I do!
I've taken about 10 pregnancy tests in the past two months! Nothing. My period is due tomorrow, and I can feel it coming. I'm so disappointed.

My question is, are there any natural ways you ladies found to boost your fertility? My body is very clean, and I'm not willing to take any pills or chemicals or anything similar, but I'd be willing to try something natural.

Thank you all! xxoo

2 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hope you don't mind me jumping on here! I've been ttc for 8 cycles now and am currently 4dpo (and imagining all sorts of symptoms obviously). I'm just like you - I take 5-10 pregnancy tests every single month just because I'm so impatient I can't wait.

Even though I've been getting BFN's every month, we've done something different each time:

1: Nothing different, just not preventing
2: Cut out caffeine, both started taking vitamins
3: Tracking with OPKs, BD'd every day during fertile week
4: Tracking OPKs again, BD'd every other day during fertile week, propped hips after BD for 15 min
5: Ordered this pill pack called "preg prep" that you take for the whole month and its supposed to make your body easier to conceive (didn't work for me)
6: Got a knockoff fertility gel from china, the tubes made for easy applications but obviously it didn't work either.
7: I was feeling down this month so I scheduled a fertility evaluation with my OBGYN, she swore to BD on days 8,10,12,and 14 and it would happen since we haven't been trying a year. We didn't do much this month because I was kind of hoping she would have all the answers.
8: Currently - we used preseed during my fertile week and only BD'd on the even days (8,10,12,14, and 16). Boobs got tender at 1dpo (I'm guessing, I didn't track ovulation) and have stayed steady. I tried feeling my cervix this time around but didn't know what I was doing so I don't know what it means yet. I'm already counting myself out this month just because I'm so used to BFNs :(

In addition to all this I'm also trying to stay stress free, sleep a lot, prop hips for 30 min after BD (we usually time it out at night so I just slide the pillow out and stay in bed for the night), I've stopped taking hot baths to not raise my temperature and have been taking lukewarm showers leaving the doors and curtain open to stay cool. Also mild exercise (walking at least 1 mile every day just to get the blood pumping)

I'm trying SO HARD for it to happen! I've read about eating avocados and it helping, so I'll probably stock up on those for next month.

7 years ago

If I could go back...

We are now going into our 7th month TTC first child.

I would have started meditating at the very beginning. I'm such a Type A personality and with that comes a lot of anxiety/stress.

2 months is nothing in the TTC world and some even believe that up until 1 year.

Either way, meditation can help keep your anixety down, and help you refocus on other things to distract yourself especially during the TWW.

Other than what the other poster mentioned, we've both started taking FertilAid, and will start to use Pre-Seed this month.

I've also noticed that I get too anxious during my fertile window to have sex at the right times, so DH and I will try to do the deed every 3 days or so this month, as well as introduce morning baby dancing before work on some of those peak days.

We're notorious night time dancers, but at this point we're going to experiment and see what happens with these new things.

Hope this helps.

User Image

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo