Community post

Discussion

November 2014 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Tcc with IVF or IUI :)

116 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 116 Replies | Last Page

Browni - I did IUI with injections and they are not bad. Don't get me wrong. It was weird to stab myself in a stomach but not painful. It is all mental :)

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

browni55, the injections aren't bad - it's truly the anticipation of them that's the worst part. Most of them are subcutaneous and use a teeny tiny needle you really don't feel. I found it much easier to do the injections myself (although my husband did all my intramuscular shots). My RE does retrievals under twilight sedation, so they're cake. You go in, they start the IV, you walk into the operating room and then *poof* you're back in the recovery. Of course, by retrieval date, I was so uncomfortable, I would have been willing to scoop out the eggs by myself with a dull spoon. :)

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Thanks Ladies, that makes me feel a lot less apprehensive about the pokey stuff! essemkay- your comment about wanting to remove the eggs with a dull spoon made me LOL.

9 years ago

Welcome Brownie! The injections weren't bad at all. I only had subcutaneous injections and the needle is tiny and those didn't hurt. I didn't have any intramuscular injections though, so I can't say whether those would hurt. I agree that the anticipation of giving them is worse than the actual shot. The retrieval itself didn't hurt because I was sedated, but I'll admit I was in pain afterwards for a couple days. That hurt more than I expected it to, but after a couple days it was a lot better. The transfer doesn't hurt at all, i'm assuming it is similar to IUI, but we never did that. I wasn't too uncomfortable during stims, but by the morning of retrieval I was pretty uncomfortable. All in all, it really wasn't that bad. Unfortunately the first time didn't work and we had none to freeze, but hopefully round 2 (whenever that will be) will go much smoother. A lot of women have eggs to freeze and don't necessarily have to go through the whole stim/retrieval process again. However, I hope your IUI works and you don't have to go this route!

9 years ago

Red, we do blood test in NZ that tell you if you ovulated. So that is ok, I do release an egg, I just don't think it is strong enough to get fertilised :(

Brownie, once you master the injections for IUI, they shouldn't hurt. I put mine in and then pull the needle out slowly (never hurts) and don't inject in the same spot over and over, so you don't get a tender spot :)

9 years ago • Post starter

Hey girls
Apparently I am getting laparoscopy and hysteroscopy done in December and the recovery time for it would be 2 weeks. Damn it - I was hoping to be back at work in 3 days and hide this from my co-workers.

today is CD#22 and I still have not gotten positive OPK :| I called RE since I usually get one on CD#15 and 16 and they want me to come in for bloodwork and ultrasound. Just my kind of monday stressing over this "crap"

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Basia30, why is your recovery going to be so long? I had a lap and hysteroscopy and was up and at 'em 2 days later, but it took 4 days before I was feeling all the way back.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Not sure - maybe they are giving me worst case scenario - just in case I need that time off from work. who knows - I am still hoping to be back at work after less then a week :) I work in the office so it is not like i have to pick up heavy things or anything

9 years ago

I'm sorry Basia. I've never had those procedures, but 2 weeks seems kind of long for missing work unless you have a physical job. I totally understand wanting to keep it from coworkers. I was so worried last time that my retrieval or transfer date was going to land on a day I had a big meeting and I would have to tell my boss. Hoping that doesn't happen.

On the subject of coworkers, one of mine is pregnant and due in a couple weeks. It has been a very long 6 months since she told us she was pregnant. I'm happy for her and get that she's really excited and it's her first pregnancy, but I'm about at my wits end with the pregnancy talk. EVERYTHING is about the pregnancy. Things she did before she got pregnant are now being blamed on the pregnancy (e.g. her love of kit-kat bars). And all she has been doing is complaining about being pregnant and I want to just be like...at least you are able to get pregnant, so stop complaining! She was annoying before this has gone to a whole new level. Sorry, had to vent. I will end my rant now.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

9 years ago

Thorn - I think we are all in the same boat. Also I think we are super sensitive about other people getting pregnant so we find them super annoying :)
It requires a lot of restraint for me not to punch people in the face when I hear question "when are you getting pregnant?"

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo