Community post

Discussion

TWW - CYCLES LENGTHENING

Hey everyone,

So I've been tracking my cycles via Ovia. They keep showing my ovulation date moving back by 2 days each month. (March - CD 18, April - CD 20, May - CD 22) So that's lengthening my cycles. If this pattern continues for this month I'll have a 35 day cycle with an O day of CD 24.

I did some blood work last month and it shows I ovulated.

This our 6th month TTC.

Has anyone else had this issue? I was on BC for 10 years. Got off in January to TTC.

DH has a basic sperm analysis on July 18. Hoping I can be pregnant before then, but it would present another opportunity to learn more about what might be going on, or put us at ease if nothing is wrong.

TWW could beginning now... or sometime Thursday after my "theoretical" O day.

Gosh, it just blows my mind how much work this really takes. In high school, they made pregnancy sound like a contagious sickness.. :/ they also said that when teaching "stop, drop, and roll" for a fire, but still. I didn't think it would be this hard.. lol!

Anyone want to obsess for TWW? I'm CD 21 today.

User Image

2 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi,

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry, if you're stressing it could be delaying ovulation a bit. At least you know you're ovulating and that's a good sign.

When I was trying for our first, my cycles were getting longer and longer but it was much worse than yours, about 50-70 days long. CM would be fertile for a few days but then BBT wouldn't go up much so it was like my body kept trying to ovulate and wasn't managing. I was diagnosed with PCOS eventually but don't let that freak you out cause as I said, my cycles were way worse than yours and it was really obvious something was wrong. My point in bringing that up was just to say that we were TTC for a year (I only ovulated three times) and we conceived naturally, even with the long cycles and PCOS. So try not to worry; so long as you are ovulating, you could get pregnant any time. It could be something simple like stress making your cycles longer and it's something to keep an eye on but it's nothing to panic about. You're doing everything right.

I know what you mean about it being hard work, I don't understand how people can even get pregnant by accident when there's such a limited window and the chances are actually quite low! I always felt like it was some sort of horrible joke that I spent years carefully using contraception only to find that we didn't just immediately get pregnant after I stopped BC. It's frustrating but it'll happen hang in there!

7 years ago

@BabyBiggles, thanks for that! I don't know if you saw my intro post (it was a while ago - so may not have seen it), but menopause also runs extremely early in my family. Usually hits the females between 30-35 with my own mother at 33. Of course, that's an added layer of anxiety since I'll be 27 this year.

It's like you said, so much easier said than done to relax and not worry. I'm really trying!! Lol! As each month goes by, it gets a little harder, but I'm trying to just take it one day at a time.

Thanks for sharing your experience. ???? Hopefully things turn around for us soon.

User Image

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo