Community post

Discussion

Unsure of what's going on.

I have been watching everybody's post and symptoms and decided to post today. I was not trying to conceive but had sex the day after the big O unknowingly. I'm not mad at all as I am ready for my second child.

So far I am 16dpo and all pt have been BFN. I have been having all the early symptoms like nausea, backache, headache, tender nips. After reading some post yesterday, I decided to check my CP. It is high and soft, not sure if it's closed. Very first time checking. Anywho, I went to check this morning and I had a small amount of CM on my finger that was like a creamy gritty (but not hard) type with a small hint of brown.

I figured maybe it came from me playing around in there yesterday trying to find my cervix but I'm not sure. Can someone tell me about your experience and when would be a good time to test again?

It has been over t years since my last pregnancy and I can't remember too much of what my early pregnancy was like.

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi,

From what I read on the internet, having sex the day after ovulation most likely will NOT help you conceive. The ovum lives only for 24 hrs so it's all about the race of the sperm during that tiny window of hours to fertilize the egg. If you become hypochondriac like me, you can invent everything except for the breast/ nips sensitivity, or like me, menstruation-like cramps. Checking your cervix now 16 DPO is useless to confirm what happened in the past. You can start tracking now but at this point you should not be fertile as your Aunt Flow should be right around the corner (not sure of your cycle length). If you determine that date, test the day of for more reliability. Any day past that with no period (even with period a friend of mine was pregnant), you might want to check with a doctor.

We, women, can go out of our mind with this stuff, I'm trying to stay busy reading a book or doing other things and I end up on the computer doing research. I have 5 more days to wait and am praying for a baby (my first at age 42.5 y.o.). So, good luck in conceiving, che sera, sera ;)

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo