Community post

Discussion

Really SHORT cycles?

Hi everyone! I'm new to posting but have been stalking for a while. I really want to feel like I'm not weird or alone with my cycles, does anyone else have cycles 23 days or less? Before TTC my cycles were 21-23 days regular. Ever since my DH and I have started TTC my cycles have only been 18 days! I asked my OBGYN and she said "that may just be normal for you." I had a positive OPK yesterday around 6pm on cycle day 5. I had a temperature spike yesterday and this morning. Based on my BBT tomorrow I'm probably ovulating today on cycle day 6! Yes, TMI but I'm still menstruating (just spotting today) Please tell me I'm not the only one that ovulates this early too? I'm really thankful that my cycles are regular but I just need some comfort in knowing :) baby dust to all!!

Me: 24 DH: 25 User Image User Image

6 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

My cycle is also really short since getting it back after having my son last year. Before him it was about 26-27 days. Now its 22-23 days. It sucks! But I still ovulate around days 14-16, so my luteal phase is to short to get pregnant. I tried 100 mg of B6 last month and it lengthened my luteal phase by 2 days! So instead of a 23 day cycle, I had a 25 day cycle! Try taking 100 mg of B6 each day to lengthen your cycle.

(P.S. Were on the same cycle! I am also on day 6 today! lol)

9 years ago

I'm so glad it's longer for you now, I thought about the b6 before I started this cycle but was really unsure if it actually worked, and now I'm really wishing I would have started it then lol Lets hope that does the trick for me too :)) and yay for being cycle buddies!! How ironic lol

Me: 24 DH: 25 User Image User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

You definitely need to try the b6 it really does work. I've taken 100mg this cycle and I went from 25 days to 28 days! Make sure you take a mega multi B with it to aid absorption. I conceived my last two successful pregnancies on it as well. :)

9 years ago

Same for me, only when I was taking the B6 did I get and stay pregnant. And I think I may have had a chemical last month, but all I got was one extremely faint positive. But I only started taking it again at the start of that cycle and I find it takes a couple months of taking it (for me) before it helps me stay pregnant. Fingers crossed for this month!

9 years ago

On the pill I had extremely regular, 28 day cycles. I went off in August when we decided to try for a baby, and since then they are around 23 day cycles. I haven't been using OPKs, so I'm still not sure when I ovulate. Right now we're just kinda trying to do it the old fashioned way and hope for the best but I don't think he realizes just how much I can seriously obsess!! :-/

9 years ago

Elizebeth - I would start charting your cycle, because if your luteal phase is less than 10 days, it will be hard to get pregnant or you could end up having chemical pregnancies. If it is less than 10 days, try taking the B6 (100 mg/day) and see if it lengthens your luteal phase.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo