Community post

Discussion

Beta numbers. I'm so nervous.

Hello everyone I am so confused and scared and have no one to talk to about any of this. The stuff I read online is so mixed and I don't know what to think. So my lmp was may 21. I have pcos and have been in clomid 4 months now and this month bumped up to 100mg vs 50mg. I got a positive opk June 8 and June 9 morning but negative June 9 evening. So I know I ovulated later than normal. On Monday June 20 I had a beta hcg and the number was 18. I went today June 22 and my number was 46. My doctor isn't very helpful and won't tell me if its good or bad. And I have no clue what's going on. This is my first pregnancy since ttc for over 1 1/2 years. Before that I had 2 miscarriages at 8 weeks and 13 weeks. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

8 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

Hey Birdsa, those look like good numbers to me. I really like betabase.info they show the wide variations of HCG numbers across pregnancy. It is hard not to worry after experiencing loss. I know how you feel.

User Image

7 years ago

Hi there! The most important thing is that your numbers are doubling which they did. There is such a wide range of normal HCG numbers. Really only time will tell. Will you be going for more blood tests? I had two miscarriages as well. The first one was a blighted ovum that I was diagnosed with at 8 weeks and I had a D&C. For that one my HCG numbers started off good but I had problems with spotting (which I know for many women can be normal but was not for me). My second miscarriage was an early one at 5 weeks. My HCG numbers started off low. I had an IUI and at 12dpiui the number was a 2 so I was told I wasn't pregnant. My period never came so at 17dpiui I had a blood test again and I was pregnant but the number was low (I don't remember what it was). Second blood test the numbers doubled but were still low but the third time the numbers had dropped quite a bit and I miscarried about 5 days later. This time around I'm 11 weeks tomorrow. My HCG started at 71 12dpiui and then tripled to 244 at 14dpiui. I've since seen the baby and there's a nice strong heart beat. I'm still nervous but feeling good about this one. I hope you don't mind me sharing my story. I'm not sure if it's helpful or not. Just keep in mind you want those numbers to at least be doubling every 48 hours and maybe keep getting some betas for a bit until your numbers are higher and you have more peace of mind.

Congratulations and good luck on a sticky bean!

7 years ago

I just found out today. Never been pregnant despite years of trying. Beta 13dpo is 12. Nurse said it's a little low just be cautiously optimistic. I'm excited! It's scary it might not stick but I'm going to be positive until otherwise. I retest in 2 days to make sure it's doubling. Omg.

I'm a dietitian/nutritionist who helps keep other's babies healthy. Pregnant with my first after TTC 3 years (found out 6/23/16) + Endometriosis. In my 30's.

7 years ago

I just found out today. Never been pregnant despite years of trying. Beta 13dpo is 12. Nurse said it's a little low just be cautiously optimistic. I'm excited! It's scary it might not stick but I'm going to be positive until otherwise. I retest in 2 days to make sure it's doubling. Omg.

I'm a dietitian/nutritionist who helps keep other's babies healthy. Pregnant with my first after TTC 3 years (found out 6/23/16) + Endometriosis. In my 30's.

7 years ago

I am kinda in the same boat...period started Monday evening right as I was about to take a prego test (6/20). Tuesday sick to my stomach, cramping, extremely heavy flow, soaking pads, not a lot of clots. Wednesday(6/22) evening decided to go to the e.r after work due to the heavy bleeding and I started to get light headed. E.R. doctor told me I was preggers per blood test BUT my hcg levels were only 22. I may have miscarried or this is not a viable pregnancy and I needed to follow up with my OBGYN. Thursday(6/23) followed up with my midwife she order blood work for Friday (6/24) to compare levels and I should know test results Monday (6/27) which I also have appt with my OBGYN as well! so right now my emotions are all over the place. I have taken a hpt everday since the E.R. doctor told me and they have all been faint postives. I even call the 1-800 on the hpt (family dollar brand) to see what hcg level would pop for a positive and was told 25.. it is a waiting game now.

User Image

7 years ago

Well in 48 hours went from 12 to 91. Gave me so much relief. Now just have to keep doing good for 9 months omg.

7 years ago

I had my first beta today, at 8 days post 5 day embryo transfer (equivalent to 13dpo, I think). It was 65. My doctor is happy with that number, they want to see between 60-100, but I'm worried that it is on the low end. Next beta won't be until Mobday morning (3 days later).

7 years ago

Hi I had my first beta at 16 dpo it was 126 then again 48 hours later was 360! As long as they double or increase by 60% my consultant told me. If your doubling then at the moment it's a viable pregnancy. I was so relieved! Hang in there in sure you'll be fine even though each day in early pregnancy seems to drag!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo