Community post

Discussion

TTC with Crohn's Disease

Anyone else in this boat?

I was diagnosed with mild/moderate Crohn's disease back in 2010 and have spent the majority of the time since then in diet controlled remission. A couple of weeks ago, I experienced a flare that resulted in a 10-day hospitalization and an upgrade of my diagnosis to moderate/severe Crohn's.

I have a new GI who has changed my treatment plan and I will be starting a new immunomodulator within the next couple of weeks that will hopefully fast-track my remission and get me back to a place of health. My new doctor knows that DH and I have been TTC for several months and has reassured me that the medication that he has prescribed is safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and that being in remission will hopefully make it easier for me to conceive.

In addition to these new complications with my Crohn's, we experienced a m/c in June. When I saw my OB/GYN then, she said that she would want to run some preliminary fertility tests if I wasn't pregnant within six months. We're still two months out from that point, so I rationally know that I have plenty of time to get healthy and get pregnant before we need to start looking at interventions. Emotionally, though...it's starting to feel difficult not to be discouraged.

Today is the start of a new cycle, and I'm on the mend, so DH and I are hoping that this will be the one, but I'm hoping that there will be someone else out there who has had a similar experience and can give me some advice or encouragement.

Me - 30; DH - 31 Married my Best Friend (10/05) Our Baby Bumblebee (10/07) (6/14)

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi Bookish-Mama. I don't have Crohn's disease, but my step-mom does. She has controlled hers for years with diet. She also strongly believes in natural remedies & reminds me of my fertility acupuncturist. I'm beginning to learn that the right fertility acupuncturist can work wonders. She has regulated my BBT charts by having me modify me diet and take simple things like myo-inositol which has greatly leveled out my glucose (I havea glucometer). Although my mild PCOS is very different from Crohn's disease, my point is that an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility and is reputable (certified by the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine), could help you get to your goals sooner. I was never really a believer in eastern medicine, just thought it was all hokus pokus or voodoo or something like that. But now I see it working, I'm a believer (mostly, lol). Good luck! Feel free to message me.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo