Community post

Discussion

Announcing Baby #4

So, I'm only 10 dpo and the positive is very faint. I want to he excited!!!...but I'm so nervous. This will be baby #4 for us and I'm not sure how excited everyone will be for us. My kids are all very close in age (3, 2, 1) so I know the general response is going to be "Another one???". My husband and I actually want a big family and we'll be THRILLED if we are pregnant...but I have feeling nervous and discouraged to break the news to our families. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I'm already so in love with this little mustard seed (if it's there lol) and I just want to get over being anxious to tell the world.

Thanks!!

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi!!

The first thing to do is to wait until the day your period is due. The line should be much darker, and there will be no doubt you're pregnant!

Then, I would say : congarts , and no matter what people around you may think or say!!! It's your choice to have a big family. You and only you will take care of these children, so why would someone have a word to say??? Stay cool and just smile if you're pregnant, no one has the right to fade your happiness!

I'm almost in the same boat, I was trying for 4 years before I got pregnant of my first daughter. We needed a medical aid, it was very hard for us. After that, our families told us to stay with our girl and not to try for another as it is so exhausting to go to the hospital every two days for ultrasounds and blood tests. We didn't listen to them. It took 13 monthes of medical aid but I got pregnant of my second daughter! And 14 monthes after her birth, I got pregnant again! I'm now 21 weeks pregnant and soooo happy, even if our families don't understand us. My family doesn't want to see me again, they've never seen my second girl and will never see my third one... But the love of our girls and my husband is my reason to live!

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french...

I wish you all the best...

7 years ago

Hi there kellers-I TOTALLY get you!!!!!!we have 5 kids together and each time we announced we got,"again??!no way!u need to get a tv!" All those dumb comments!!!!ugh.we are trying for number 6 as of this month and I cannot wait to go thru it all again if we are blessed!we always tell everyone straight away (I test between 10-12 dpo,and can't wait to share the news.) I think it depends we I want to tell ur other kids coz it's likely they will share the news for you if u don't get there first!!so go with that and who cares about the others rite?ur family is what matters most and peoples stupid comments are only coz either they're jealous or can't understand it and therefore won't even try to.enjoy it Hun,it's too amazing not to!!

7 years ago

Hello ,

Congratulations..!!!! Its always nice to have a lot of kids actually.. witnessing them growing up.. All those laughter makes our day bright..

I am pregnant of our 4th daughter.. 20 weeks and counting..

and

User Image

7 years ago

Thank you to everyone for the encouraging comments!!! After talking with my husband and reading through these posts, I already feel better :)

Before our son, we tried for almost 3 years and had a few miscarriages. I was so heartbroken and took them really hard. I think losing pregnancies and having 3 miracle babies has brought a different perspective to family planning. I know we will be done after #4, but I'm just as excited for this one as I was with our first! Every baby is a blessing!! I love my extended family, but this is MY family and I get to be happy with however many babies we want ;)

Thank you all again for the kind words and encouragement <3 Praying for a healthy pregnancy!!!

7 years ago • Post starter

Congrats! And yes we are in that boat. I had been telling everyone since my last we were gonna try again and it took them awhile to be cool with it. Actually it took my mom talking to others about it to be cool with it. This will be our fourth. Our oldest is almost 10 with Down Syndrome and Autism nonverbal and in diapers. He's like a huge toddler but worse. My second is on the spectrum but high functioning, my third is two and is probably ADHD like daddy. So MOST think we are nuts but hey we love our kids, even if they do drive us mad, and you only live once, plus this is only temporary with little ones. I had to question (and still do) if God was trying to tell us to quit, hence the special needs. But you know, my kids have good souls and are still very innocent so who is to say we should stop because of what others deem imperfection. My kids change lives everyday.

Anyway off my rant, guess I needed to get that off my chest. Good luck to you and let others deal with it the way they want, this is between you and hubby. I'm also holding back on telling brothers because my one has been ttc for almost two years and I feel guilty.

Hope all goes well for you!

7 years ago

I am in the exact same boat. Trying for our fourth and I am literally planning on sending out announcements via snail mail and that way they can process it, call us, leave a message and then we can decide if they are happy for us and deserve a call back or if they are negative they can keep it to themselves. This fourth one has taken so much longer than my first three that we are just going to be so joyful when it happens (hopefully) that nobody can take that away. Baby dust to you :)

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo