Community post

Discussion

HELP ovulation blood test negative pee test positive?

I had an ultrasound done on the 9th oct and my follicle was measured at a 16. Took Ov tests and got a positive smiley and both lines were dark on the 17th oct even had EWM from 15th-19th. Had blood test done on 22nd oct to make sure i did Ovulate. The blood test came back negative. I don't understand so I had all the signs of ovulation but the blood test said no. Anyone help me understand what is going on?

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

It could be that the follicle never actually released the egg. An OPK is measuring the amount of LH you have in your body and can "predict" when you should be ovulating but this isn't a sure thing. Your LH may have been lower than what is needed for your body to ovulate but the LH levels are high enough to give you a positive result on an OPK. This can sometimes happen to women who have PCOS because they may already be producing a lot of LH where it will show up positive on an OPK but they actually need higher than "normal" levels of LH to complete the cycle. Hopefully this helps.

User Image

9 years ago

That is very helpful i do have PCOS so iy would explain a lot i am starting wonder if i should just start bbt and skip yhe test because of the pcos

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo