Community post

Discussion

10 Months and still trying

I have been TTC for 10 months. I know some of you have been trying longer but I hate this feeling. I had positive ovulation tests in the past and have been to the doctor. He has not been tested tho. It gets so hard every month when I get my period. I feel like a failure and don't understand. The first time I tried, I got pregnant right away. Just looking for some other stories like mine. Maybe some advise. I know they say once you top trying you get pregnant. How do you stop trying? I cant stop thinking about it.
Thanks,
Dee

5 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I should have mentioned I do have a 13 year son

9 years ago • Post starter

I am nearing the end of my 9th month of TTC. I don't know what it's like to have a positive pregnancy test, but I do understand the feeling of being out of control! I have been faithfully doing BBT, OPKs, FertileCM, B6, Vitex, and now progesterone cream. I have had a short luteal phase the last 5 cycles (one month was 5 days!). Right after my IUD was removed I had 14 day luteal phases. I have a hard time "relaxing" when I want to make sure we're doing everything we can! And waiting is the hardest....

9 years ago

I know how you feel - me and DH have just started ttc cycle 9. All my friends have gotten pregnant now, there was another announcement yesterday, the same day I started my period- it seriously feels like the universe hates me sometimes. I think it is impossible to stop thinking about it, the only thing I have found that helps is reading a good book as this requires my concentration- I have to be careful to pick ones that don't have any baby or pregnancy references in them though.
There's also the awful feeling when you realise that people aren't telling you their pregnancy news because they don't want to upset you- it feels horrible being pitied and kept in the dark, even if it's only because people care.
Me and my DH have got a lot closer during this time, we are going through this together, he is the only one who totally understands my frustrations because they are his frustrations too. Being able to laugh together at the well meaning, but incredibly useless, advice people give to us keeps us going- 'relax and it'll happen' is my ultimate favourite.
Generally in life, the harder we work at something the better we get at it - so when you and your DH do conceive you will probably conceive some kind of awesome, super baby with magical superpowers- then maybe you'll be able to 'relax and not think about it' - good luck anyway hon- hopefully this cycle will be the one for us both. xxx

9 years ago

I have been trying for about 2 years even though I haven't been pregnant since my last child's which will be 8 years on 11/30. I am the mother of 6 never taken BC & never had a problem getting pregnant except now.I'm not sure what to say except, keep trying don't give up & just know it will happen . I believe it's in Gof hands but it does get very hard! I'm just curious as to how I conceive 6 children & my body just go into a shut down mode for 8 years!

9 years ago

Thank you everyone! It means a lot to hear others going through what I am. Not that I feel better knowing you are having a hard time but I'm not alone in this. I truly hope the best for all of you and it happens soon. I just need to find something to help me stop thinking about it so much. Again thank you everyone. It helped me

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo